Greg
Greg, import technician
Experience:  17 years shop owner import
29331485

Mazda B4000: I own a 2005 B400 4x4. Its a great truck (hard

I own a 2005 B400 4x4. Its a great truck (hard on gas though) but it has begun knocking in the last 6 months when I accelerate at over 3000 rpm. I replaced the plugs with high end ones to no avail. What else should I be looking at?

Steve
Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Is the check engine light ON when the engine is running ..

What type of knock light hard ?

Greg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Greg,
The engine light has never come on. The knocking is a light ping / rattle at higher rpm. The truck is a standard so it pings when you get to the top end before shifting.
Hi Steve

Okay i think you may have a knock sensor issue ,

Go ahead and have the system checked for codes as I'm thinking you have a knock sensor code which will not trip the check engine light ON

If this is the issue then all you have to do is check the wiring and if okay replace the knock sensor .

With you just saying it pings at higher rpm tels me its the knock sensor as i've booted this truck in all gears and never had one ping on me , so i'm pretty sure this is your problem,

Need further assistance then please get back to me with the reply box below Steve and not the poor or bad service .

Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

One last question; where is the sensor located?

Hi Steve

Sorry to get back to you so late just found your email .

Below is a diagram of its location .

And this is what it looks like .

Rgds Greg