Cardoctor74
Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE master technician
3827149

Mazda MPV: The fan control module in my 2003 Mazda MPV is failing.

The fan control module in my 2003 Mazda MPV is failing. According to my Mazda dealer, the module was replaced in 2004 per Recall No. SSP60. However, I checked the currently installed module and the exterior displays the number 1G040 19700 (or part number AJY1-15-SCO), which is the number of the original bad module. Tthe updated module, which should have been installed in 2004, should display the number 1G041 19700 (part number AJ51-15-15YA or AJY2-15-SCO).

This strongly suggests that, when I brought the vehicle in for module replacement in 2004, the dealer simply replaced the 1G040 module with another 1G040 module, thus not meeting the requirements of the recall order.

The dealer is stonewalling me, trying to get me to bring in the vehicle to inspect the module/part number in person. I'm a little concerned (given their previous shenanigans) that they will do a switcheroo and then try to charge me for the replacement of an allegedly installed 1G041 module.

Any suggestions?
Thats exactly what they did when that recall was in affect the dealers had to wait for the updated parts and were installing the same module that goes bad in these vehicles thinking no one would notice.But you and many others have and these dealer got in alot of trouble and need to install the updated module free of charge to you .If they give you a hard time just tell them you are going to call corperate to report them they will replace that at no charge faster then you can imagine.These are the next steps.Hoped this helped.Bonuses greatly appreciated.Please rate excellent service.If you rate anything lower it will leave me negative feedback so if you need further assistance please let me know thanks.