Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

Mazda B2300: Door sensor, bell keeps going off. No listing

Door sensor, bell keeps going...
Door sensor, bell keeps going off. No listing for a fuse to cancel thisin owners manual. Truck has 180,000 on it and on last legs so dont want to go thru expense of replacing door sensor, just want to axe the bell!! Thanks in advance!
6/30/2012
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help you with your question,

Spray the door latch openings with WD-40. Really soak them and then slam the door 10 - 15 times. Not too hard you don't want to break it but a good solid close.

This should free the door switch in the latch and turn off the warning.

There is no fuse for this switch, the power comes from the instrument cluster. Short of replacing the door switch in the latch or cutting the wire leading to the switch you will need to repair the operation of the switch.

Try the WD-40 it usually works.

Let me know what happens and how I can help

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my service not the content as you may not like the answer but it is the truth. Only rate when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to click the lower two ratings they are negative feedback that sticks on my record so please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Thank you

George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
George H.
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician