mazdamaster577
mazdamaster577, Master Technician
Experience:  mazda master/shop foreman for 15 years.
63841478

Mazda 6 I: 2008 mazda 6 it has tire pressure monitoring system

2008 mazda 6 it has tire pressure monitoring system on it, well 2 of the valve stems broke about 2 years ago and i replaced them with regular valve stems. the warning light stayed on and that was o.k. but recently a five bell alarm has been going off aproximately 30 minutes after i start driving it chimes 10 times in an hour long drive ,its very annoying. i recently had the other 2 valves stems replaced with regular one but that didnt help. why did 2 years later did the alarm start going off? help me please.

mazdamaster577 :

Hello, My name isXXXXX will do my best to answer any questions you may have. when the first 2 sensors broke, it probably stores the last pressure at or above 32 psi. when the 3rd sensor failed, it probably stored the pressure below 28 psi causing the alarm.

Customer:

the third one didnt break only 2 but what do i do to fix the chimming,

Customer:

can i reset where the information has been stored and can a regular garage reset this cause im having a hard time getting to the dealers

mazdamaster577 :

one of the 2 remaning sensors might have failed to cause the alarm before you removed them. the only fix is to install new working sensors. you don't have to go to the dealer for this, you can get them on ebay and have a tire shop install them. after 10 minuets of driving, they will program them selves to the car.

Customer:

it wont go away if i have regular valve stems?

mazdamaster577 :

you might try unpluging the control unit, let me find it's location.

Customer:

ill be waiting

mazdamaster577 :

it is located behind the radio. After looking at the wire diagram, if it is unpluged, the check engine light will come on.

Customer:

what is your suggetion

mazdamaster577 :

sorry to say, but replaceing the sensors look like the only option. I found a set of 4 on ebay for $75.00.

Customer:

then it will reset itself

mazdamaster577 :

yes, after driving 10 minuets or so.

Customer:

thanks archie ill have to try it what did you type in on ebay

mazdamaster577 :

2008 mazda 6 tire sensor.

Customer:

thanks bud.

mazdamaster577 :

anytime