Cardoctor74
Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE master technician
3827149

The battery light on my 2033 Mazda Tribute flashes intermitently after I have been driving

Customer Question

The battery light on my 2033 Mazda Tribute flashes intermitently after I have been driving for about 5 minutes. I took my vehicle to my mechanic. He tighten the belt and all other things that may be causing the battery light to come on. Frankly, I am puzzled.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Cardoctor74 replied 5 years ago.
This is caused when the alternator starts to heat up and the voltage regulator starts to fail and does not allow the car to charge properly . Need to have the charging system tested under an extreme load and you will most likely need to replace the alternator to fix this issue . These are the next steps. Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I had a new battery and alternator put in my vehicle only 4 months ago. When the battery light began coming on, I took it back to my mechanic, he tested the alternator and he said that the battery is being sufficiently charged and he tighten the radiator belt and anything else that might cause the battery light to come on. The adjustments that he made had no effect on the battery light. It is still coming on.
If that alternator was bought at an auto parts store you can guarantee that it's a bad rebuild. He needs to replace this alternator for free under parts warranty to fix this issue . This is the next step . Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated .