Mazda Ed
Mazda Ed, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Mazda Master Technician
5624692

How do i program a 2000 mazda 626 key to start the car

Customer Question

how do i program a 2000 mazda 626 key to start the car
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
where is the immobilizer located
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.
The unit is under the dash left side,near the fuse box.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have the lucas immobilizer serial number it is XXXXXXXXXX The id is khh35as. The can is 1984 102 1337a. Can you tell me how to get the code word?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.
I don't have this info for you so I will open the question back up for the other experts.
Please stand by, if anyone has the information, they will be in touch.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hello -

As the previous expert has opted out , I will help you with your question..

Im afraid you cant get the code "word" - as per your question.. there is no such thing even with all the numbers etc that you have -

On this make / model of vehicle - the only way to program the system - key to car ( system ) is to have the car plugged into a Mazda or similar suitable diagnostic machine that will do that for you .

There is one other way - and that involves sending the module and key etc to a company that can do this with such a "rig" - but its generally done as above which is quicker - and the usualy way to do it..

Again just to repeat / clarify, it cannot be done in the way you are asking.

Im sorry , this is probably not what you wanted to hear, but that is the case with this system. They cannot be programmed manually / without the correct equipment.

I'm very pleased to have helped you - but do ask me if you need anything more..

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
You are full of shit I have programmed a set of keys on this car before myself. And had no such device.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
How nice of you Sir...

Such a nice person -

Have a lovely day -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

Expert:  Mazda Ed replied 6 years ago.
To get the code word you will need to contact your local Mazda dealership and prove ownership to the vehicle. They will need the vin# from the car and the serial# from the immobilizer unit. It only takes a few minutes for them to look up the code so they may not even charge you. Again... you will have to prove ownership.