Mike V.
Mike V., Technician
Experience:  25 yrs. experience with all makes and models. Factory trained on Nissan and Subaru.
2921078

2005 Mazda 3 it is shifting hard especially

I have a 2005 Mazda 3 it is shifting hard especially in cold weather. Is there a TSB on this I saw on several forums that there was one, but don't know where to go to find it. They talked about reflashing. Any help with problem or where to find the TSB, my dealership usually needs pointed in the right direction. Thanks
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.
Hi there! there is a bulletin for 1-2 shift shock. Is this when you feel the harsh shift? Just 1st to 2nd?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, when I first start it up and it does straighten out after a while, but it is really hard and I would think this would not be good
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.
Ok, it sounds like the bulletin might just work for you. Here is a copy,
graphic
graphic

graphic
Sorry I had to upload it in 3 sections. They should only need the numbers up top to get the bulletin at the shop.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your help, I will see what the dealership says
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.
You are very welcome! I suspect this can help with the shift shock as long as they haven't tried it already!