Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

Jake takes out a $15,000 loan @ 4% compounded monthly. Jake…

Customer Question
Jake takes out a...

Jake takes out a $15,000 loan @ 4% compounded monthly . Jake also has to pay back a college loan @3.5% compounded annually. If he takes 10 years to pay these back, how much total interest will he pay?

Tutor's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Math Tutor's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

I would like to be able to solve this type of problem again if I see it.

Tutor's Assistant: The Math Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Is there anything else important you think the Math Tutor should know?

I am a long time Just Answer customer and I would like to help my son with his homework.

Submitted: 18 days ago.Category: Math Homework
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/2/2018
Math Tutor or Teacher: Ryan, Engineer replied 18 days ago
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer

Thank you for using the site. I will be happy to help you with this problem.

What is the amount of the college loan?

Thanks,

Ryan

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
$25,000

Thank you. I'll have a solution posted for you shortly.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
I prefer step by step writing with all assumptions.

No problem.

Thank you for your patience. Please see the document at the following link for a detailed calculation:

Interest

Please let me know if you have any difficulty accessing the file at that link, and please feel free to ask if you have any questions about this solution.

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer