Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

Fda bag contains five batteries, all of which are the same…

Customer Question
Fda bag contains five...

Fda bag contains five batteries, all of which are the same size and are equally likley to be selected. each battery is a diffrent brand. if you select four batteries at random, use the counting principle to determine how many points will be in the sample space if the batteries are selected

Tutor's Assistant: The Math Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Is there anything else important you think the Math Tutor should know?

I posted a question I need help

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Math Homework
3/30/2018
Math Tutor or Teacher: Brad Summers,
 replied 3 months ago
Brad Summers

Hi, here is the solution:

The 1st battery can be selected in 5 ways

The 2nd in 4 ways

the 3rd in 3 ways

the 4th in 2 ways

Using the counting principle we have a total of 5*4*3*2 = 120 points in the sample space

Answer: 120

Thanks

The answer was wrong can you call please ?
Math Tutor or Teacher: Brad Summers,
 replied 3 months ago

So answer 120 is wrong ?

Math Tutor or Teacher: Brad Summers,
 replied 3 months ago

Since the exercise says to use counting principle i think the order is important and the answer is 120

But if you say that 120 is wrong maybe the right result (if order is not important) is 5C4 = 5

Answer: 5

Let me know....

Thanks