Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

I want to know how the manova results are interpreted in…

Customer Question
hello,I want to know how...
hello,I want to know how the manova results are interpreted in different tests like wilks, roy, pillai. and how to know which variables play an important role in explaining the variablility in manova?Thanks a lot for the kind helping hand.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Math Homework
Answered in 1 day by:
3/30/2018
Math Tutor or Teacher: GLENN GILONGOS,
 replied 3 months ago
GLENN GILONGOS

Can you kindly show the actual result?

The data set contains sepal length, sepal width, petal length, and petal width (in cm) on a sample of 50 Setosa plants, 50 Versicolor, and 50 Virginica plants. Use it for these problems. These three species belong to the genus commonly known as the Iris. The overall goal it to understand how these species differ.
The questions to be answered are:
1. Get the multivariate measure of association for Roy’s test and interpret it.
2. Test the null hypothesis that the specie are not different with respect to any of the measured variables at the 0.05 level using Wilk’s Λ statistic and a p-value. Make sure to report Λ, the critical value, and the p-value for this problem.
3. Get a sample profile plot using any software package of your choice. Use the plot to describe the differences in species in terms of both size and shape of a sepal and petal. Make sure to relate any differences in sizes and shapes to the profiles.
4. Test three null hypothesis: Setosa and Virginica profiles are parallel, the Setosa and Versicolor profiles are parallel, and Virginica and Versicolor profiles are parallel. Make sure to full specify the null hypotheses, report pvalues, and interpret the results.
5. Is it easier to tell specie apart using their sepals or their petals. Justify your answer with a multivariate measure of association statistic for sepals and for petals.
6. Is it easier to tell specie apart using their sepal shapes or their petal shapes. Justify your answer with a statistic for sepal shape and a statistic for petal shape.
7. Given that petal measurements are already included in the model, do sepal measurements provide any additional information for discriminating across species. Perform an hypothesis test to answer the question
8. Which two species are the most similar with respect to petal shape. Use a Wilk’s lambda statistic for assessing petal shape similarity for each pair of species to answer the question.
9. Provide a profile matrix for determining if the size of the sepal leaf is useful for discriminating across specie and perform the test. Make sure to justify your matrix. Describe a better way to compare the sizes of a sepal leaves in a sentence or two (note the profile matrix only allows for linear combinations of variables, which can be limiting).