Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

10. Which of the following best describes the decisions made…

10. Which of the following...
10. Which of the following best describes the decisions made by the Warren Court?
A. The court's decisions supported the power of police to catch criminals.
B. The court's decisions strengthened the power of states' rights.
C. The court's decisions supported civil rights, civil liberties, and voting rights.
D. The court's decisions gave more power to the government in regards ***** ***** privacy.11. What was the name given to the idea that if Vietnam fell to communism, the rest of Southeast Asia would become communist?
A. The communist theory
B. The steamroller theory
C. The roll back theory
D. The domino theory12. Why was the Tet Offensive considered the turning point in the Vietnam War?
A. It convinced Americans that the war wasn't nearly over.
B. It broke the military strength of the United States in Vietnam.
C. It broke the military strength of the Vietcong.
D. It convinced Americans that the war was winnable.13. What was the result of the Brown v. Board of Education Supreme Court decision?
A. It ended racial discrimination in the United States.
B. It struck down segregation laws as unconstitutional.
C. It allowed school boards to use property taxes to fund education.
D. It granted the right to vote to African Americans.
14. What was the impact of the civil rights protests in Birmingham?
A. The protesters rioted, hurting the civil rights movement.
B. Americans ignored the attempt to gain attention to the civil rights movement.
C. Civil rights protests were now banned in other cities.
D. Americans saw the police brutality and injustice faced by civil rights protestors.15. What was the end result of the Vietnam War?
A. The United States stayed and defeated the Vietcong rebels.
B. The United States stayed and was defeated by Vietcong forces.
C. The United States pulled out and South Vietnam managed to keep control of its territory.
D. The United States pulled out and the North Vietnamese eventually took the entire country.16. What was a reason for the spread of consumerism after World War II?
A. Americans were required by law to spend a portion of their income every year.
B. Americans felt it was patriotic to buy goods to support the economy.
C. Americans were making more money than before.
D. There was a ration system put in place.17. Which of the following was a factor in the United States dominating the world economy after World War II?
A. The other major manufacturers of the world stopped trading.
B. The United States was mostly untouched by the devastation of the war.
C. The United States organized a free trade agreement with China.
D. The United States greatly raised tariffs after the war.18. What role did President Truman play in the area of civil rights?
A. He desegregated the military with an executive order.
B. He desegregated schools with an executive order.
C. He pushed a civil rights law through Congress.
D. He ordered troops to areas where racially motivated violence broke out.19. What was a result of middle-class Americans moving to the suburbs of most cities?
A. Poor Americans also moved to the suburbs.
B. The inner cities lost revenue and began to economically decline.
C. Wealthy Americans took advantage and moved into the cities.
D. The inner cities gained new industries.
20. What was the nuclear family?
A. A family owning advanced technology
B. Families living in the Sunbelt
C. A household containing more than two generations of a family
D. A household consisting of a mother and father and their children
3/27/2018
Sarah
Sarah, Teacher

Here's 10-20. Since I was offline for a while, I wasn't able to respond to your other request (questions 1-9) before it released the question to other experts. (When you request me I have to respond within a certain amount of time or it releases it to other experts to answer.) It looks like another expert (Glenn) responded before I could get to it this morning. Since he has responded to you already, I am not allowed to answer those questions unless he opts out of the question. Sorry about that, but I'm sure he'll be able to help you. Anyway. . . I'm back online now, so if you have any other requests you need help with you can send them my way. Here are the answers to 10-20 for you:

10. B

11. D

12. B

13. B

14. D

15. D

16. C

17. B

18. A

19. B

20. D

Thank you for the request. Please take a moment to rate my service. Thank you so much! Sarah

Sarah
Sarah, Teacher
11. Which of the following was a lasting impact of the Watergate scandal?
A. Americans trusted the government more.
B. Americans stopped voting in large numbers.
C. Americans pushed for laws restricting the recording of private conversations.
D. Americans came to mistrust the government.
12. Why did Gerald Ford face a difficult election in 1976?
A. Ford refused to pardon Nixon.
B. Ford faced a severe recession in the nation.
C. Ford couldn't raise enough money to run a serious campaign.
D. Jimmy Carter was an unusually charismatic speaker.
13. Which president supported the creation of the Environmental Protection Agency?
A. Gerald Ford
B. Jimmy Carter
C. Lyn***** *****
D. Richard Nixon14. Which of the following helped define the counterculture?
A. Rejecting traditional values
B. Attending college
C. Following mainstream religions
D. Respecting traditional values
15. The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act was a reaction to what event in the United States?
A. The war in Iraq
B. The economic crisis of 2008
C. The terrorist attacks of 9/11
D. The war in Afghanistan16. What invention allowed for the development of small personal computers?
A. Satellites
B. The fax machine
C. The Internet17. What foreign policy issue hurt Carter in the election of 1980?
A. The Iran hostage crisis
B. War in Afghanistan
C. The trade war with China
D. The Camp David Accords18. Ralph Nader's book Unsafe at Any Speed brought about safety regulations in what products?
A. Airplanes
B. Boats
C. Automobiles
D. Trains19. What was controversial about the election of 2000?
A. Gore lost the popular vote, but won the electoral college with the support of a Supreme Court decision.
B. Bush failed to turn in the required paperwork, making his candidacy questionable.
C. Gore denounced the election as "corrupt" and vowed to sue in court.
D. Bush lost the popular vote, but won the electoral college with the support of a Supreme Court decision.
20. What is feminism?
A. The study of the female mind
B. The theory that women are inferior to men
C. The theory that women are superior to men
D. The theory of political, social, and economic equality of men and women

11. D

12. B

13. D

14. A

15. B

16. None of the options listed are correct, but there is no option "D" listed. Was "D" accidentally left off? The correct answer is the invention of the microprocessor. If that is option "D" then "D" would be correct.

17. A

18. C

19. D

20. D

1. The following sentence contains which type of conjunction?
He is not only a great player but also an exceptional coach.
A. Correlative
B. Subordinating
C. Coordinating
D. Phrasal2. Which of the following sentences contains an indefinite pronoun?
A. Her car's battery died because she left the lights on.
B. The flowers, which were just planted, need watering.
C. This is Mary's necklace.
D. The team congratulated one another on a job well done.
3. Which kind of adjective is used most frequently in ordinary speech or writing?
A. Common
B. Demonstrative
C. Article
D. Proper4. Which word in this sentence is an example of a comparative degree adjective?
My new alarm clock was much louder than my old one.
A. Alarm
B. Much
C. One
D. Louder5. Which word in this sentence is an example of a collective noun?
A flock of Canada geese flew over the barn, honking loudly.
A. flock
B. loudly
C. barn
D. Canada6. What type of punctuation is most commonly used with interjections?
A. Period
B. Apostrophe
C. Exclamation mark
D. Question mark7. What is the purpose of an adjective?
A. To modify a noun
B. To replace a noun
C. To modify a verb
D. To change a verb tense8. Which part of speech is not appropriate in formal writing, but often used in daily conversation?
A. Preposition
B. Conjunction
C. Interjection
D. Adverb9. According to pronunciation guides in the dictionary, what letter is regarded as both a vowel and a consonant?
A. B
B. E
C. O
D. Y10. "What" and "who" are examples of _______ pronouns.
A. indefinite
B. personal
C. relative
D. interrogative11. In the following sentence, identify the part of speech of the italicized word.
Large fish swim swiftly in the sea.
A. Pronoun
B. Adverb
C. Noun
D. Adjective12. Which of the following sentences has a helping verb?
A. Her brother paddled the canoe.
B. She swam across the lake.
C. She had rested on the dock.
D. He went home late.13. Which verb tense indicates continuing action?
A. Past perfect
B. Present
C. Future
D. Progressive14. In the following sentence, identify the part of speech of the italicized word.
Thousands of years ago, fish were caught in nets and traps.
A. Verb
B. Pronoun
C. Conjunction
D. Preposition15. Which sentence contains a verb in the simple past tense?
A. She obeyed her father.
B. She had obeyed her father.
C. She obeys her father.
D. She has obeyed her father.16. Choose the sentence that contains an adjectival prepositional phrase.
A. The dog ran around the table.
B. The game begins within an hour.
C. The shoe store across the street recently opened.
D. The tired campers rested underneath the tent.17. Which word in this sentence is an example of an abstract noun?
Henry decided he would dedicate the rest of his life to the pursuit of justice.
A. justice
B. pursuit
C. dedicate
D. Henry18. "This," "that," "these," and "those" are examples of what type of adjectives?
A. Indefinite
B. Demonstrative
C. Singular
D. Interrogative19. In the following sentence, which word is an adverb used to modify a verb?
The young girl sadly spoke of her grandfather.
A. Spoke
B. Grandfather
C. Sadly
D. Girl
20. In the following sentence, identify the part of speech of the italicized word.
A. Conjunction
B. Linking verb
C. Preposition
D. Pronoun

1. C

2. D

3. C

4. D

5. A

6. C

7. A

8. C

9. D

10. C

11. I can't answer this one because none of the words listed are in italics. Check your original assignment to see which one is in italics. There are no pronouns in this sentence, so it's definitely not A. If "large" is in italics, the answer is D. If "fish" is in italics, the answer is C. If "swiftly" is in italics, the answer is B.

12. C

13. D

14. I can't answer this one because none of the words listed are in italics. Check your original assignment to see which one is in italics. There are no pronouns in this sentence, so it's definitely not B. If "caught" is in italics, the answer is A. If "and" is in italics, the answer is C. If "of" is in italics, the answer is D.

15. A

16. C

17. A

18. B

19. C

20. I can't answer this one because none of the words listed are in italics. Check your original assignment to see which one is in italics. There are no pronouns in this sentence, so it's definitely not D. If "and" is in italics, the answer is A. If "of" or "in" are in italics, the answer is C. If "were" is in italics, the answer is C.

Please send any further questions as a separate request. When you add new questions on to the old ones, justanswer.com does not pay me for my time on the new questions. Thank you. Sarah