Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

A study of a double intrusion detection system with two

A study of a...

A study of a double intrusion detection system with two independent monitoring systems was conducted. If there is an​ intruder, system A sounds an alarm with probability 0.85 and system B sounds an alarm with probability 0.95. If there is no​ intruder, system A sounds an alarm with probability 0.10 and system B sounds an alarm with probability 0.05. ​Now, assume that the probability of an intruder is 0.4. If both systems sound an​ alarm, what is the probability that there is an​ intruder?

Tutor's Assistant: The Math Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Is there anything else important you think the Math Tutor should know?

I need alot of help

3/27/2018
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer

Thank you for using the site. I'll be happy to help you with this problem. I'll have the solution posted for you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Ryan

ok Thank you

Hi again,

Thank you for you patience. It took a bit of time to draw the probability tree diagram for this problem.

Please see the document at the following link for the solution:

Probability

Please let me know if you have any trouble accessing the file at that link, and please feel free to ask if you have any questions about this solution.

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan
Ryan, Engineer