Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

10. What was one reason that immigrants came to America in…

10. What was one reason...
10. What was one reason that immigrants came to America in the late 1800s?
A. Many came because the U.S. government guaranteed a minimum wage.
B. European countries were paying people to go to America.
C. Many came to join family already in the United States.
D. Many were attracted by the opportunities to fight in the Civil War.
11. What method did the Union use to stop most of the South's cotton trade?
A. A road blockade stopping cotton caravans to Mexico
B. Poisoning of cotton plants
C. The production of its own cotton to put the South out of business
D. A large naval blockade12. What was the name given to low-cost, multifamily dwellings in the cities in the late 1800s?
A. Apartments
B. Tenements
C. Double blocks
D. Projects13. The Kansas-Nebraska Act nullified the Missouri Compromise by
A. ending slavery in agreed-upon slave territories.
B. abolishing slavery in slave states.
C. allowing slavery in all states.
D. allowing slavery's spread to areas that had been free for more than 30 years.14. Which of the following was part of the Fugitive Slave Act passed in 1850?
A. Private citizens had to assist in the capture of runaway slaves.
B. It was now illegal for slaves to run away from their owners.
C. Slave owners weren't allowed to chase escaped slaves into the North.
D. Private citizens had to pay higher taxes for each runaway slave.15. Which of the following describes the Radical Republicans' plan for Reconstruction in the South?
A. The federal government should take strong action to ensure African Americans' rights.
B. The federal government should leave African American rights up to the states.
C. Southern states should have an easy transition back into the union.
D. African Americans shouldn't be trusted with the power of the vote .16. Which of the following was a reason for the growth of cities in the late 1800s?
A. Factory jobs were plentiful and available in the cities.
B. The cities offered much more space for people.
C. The federal government passed the Urban Act of 1870, which required people to move to cities.
D. Too many people were already living in rural or country areas.
17.Popular sovereignty was a policy stating that
A. Congress should decide whether or not to allow slavery in a territory.
B. voters in a state should decide whether or not to stay in the union.
C. voters in a territory should decide whether or not to join the union.
D. voters in a territory should decide whether or not to allow slavery in that territory.18. ***** ***** was impeached by Congress when he
A. decided to allow all Confederate states back into the union.
B. pushed for stricter standards before allowing southern states back into the union.
C. was caught accepting bribes.
D. tried to fire his Secretary of War in violation of the Tenure of Office Act.19. What was an important result of the Union victory at Vicksburg?
A. The Union now controlled the Mississippi River.
B. The Union stopped a Confederate attack into the North.
C. The South quickly gave up after Vicksburg.
D. The Union was now in charge of the Atlantic coastline.20. Which of the following describes the power held by the federal government after the Civil War?
A. The federal government was weakened by the war.
B. The federal government would increasingly play a role in American lives going forward.
C. The power of the federal government remained unchanged after the war.
D. The federal government would be more careful to grant the states more power going forward.
3/27/2018
Sarah
Sarah, Teacher

10. C

11. D

12. B

13. D

14. A

15. A

16. A

17. D

18. D

19. A

20. B

Thank you for the request. Please take a moment to rate my service. Thank you so much! Sarah

Sarah
Sarah, Teacher