Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

Obara is 14 years older than Atieno while Amoah is 4 years…

Obara is 14 years...

Obara is 14 years older than Atieno while Amoah is 4 years younger than
Atieno. Their total age in five years time will be 100 years. If Atieno is x
years now, find Amoah’s present age.

Tutor's Assistant: The Math Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Tell me more about what you need help with so we can help you best.

years now, find Amoah’s present age.

Tutor's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Math Tutor should know?

None gor now

3/21/2018
Carter McBride

Hey! I'm Carter, I can help you out.

Obara is 44, Amoah is 26, Atieno is 30.

X + (X-18) + (X-14) = 100

Let me know if you need anything else. If not, please leave a rating. Thanks!

can you show me the solution how did you get to this figures?
I am not satisfied with the result. I can't see any solutionPlease show me the solution

Start off with someone as X. That is Obara since he's first

So, we have X.

Then create a formula for the next person. Obara is 14 years older than Atieno, so X-14 = Altieno's age.

Now we have X + (X-14) (Obara + Atieno).

Next, we know Amoah is 4 years younger than Atieno. Since he's 4 years younger than, he is 18 years younger than Obara. That means his age is X-18.

That gets us X + (X-14) + (X-18) = 100 (because in 5 years their combined age will equal 100.

Then simplify that. 3X = 132. Then X = 44, so Obara is 44 years odl.

44 -18 = 26 years old for Amoah

44-14 = 30 years old for Atieno.

Since they want their ages 5 years prior, it will be 39, 21, 25.

Simplify both sides of the equation and you'll get

(10/3)X + (-31/6) = 11

Add that 31/6 to both sides to get (10/3)X = 97/6

Multiply both sides by 3/10 (inverse of 10/3 to get the X alone, and you get 97/20, which is 4.85.

5.5. You just plug those numbers in and solve for the equation.

If you need anything else, just let me know. If not, please leave a rating so I get credit for helping you out.

That's the mathematical expression for it. Written out in words, it stands for the square of the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides.

can you please elaborate further

The Pythagorean theorem is used to calculate the side of a triangle, when you know the length of two other sides. Written out in words, it stands for the square of the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides. So, if you know the measure of any two sides, you can change the formula a^2 + b^2 = c^2 to solve for any length, where c equals the hypotenuse side of the triangle.

We've done 7 now. If you want to keep asking questions, you'll have to leave a rating and open a new question.

b. 15:1, Take 75 and divide it by 5 cm

a. 42, ((X*2)+3)*X=3654

Carter McBride
okay I will do that then, do I need to pay again?
In a teaching session a Mr. Jones shows his pupils a pile of single-digit cards
and announces that he is the “add three persons” Whatever card he turns
over he adds three to the number shown. He turns over a card, looks at it
and says, e.g. “seven”. The children have to work out the number on the
card. Why is this activity considered as involving algebraic thinking?
Can you please elaborate further a) where x= 44 =3654

the activity is algebraic thinking because in order to solve the activity, the students must use algebra. The card is the X of the equation and then add three persons is the rest of the express. Then, know 7 is going to be the answer, so we get X+3 = 7.

The 44 part you're supposed to use trial and error method, so there is nothing to explain. You just plugged numbers until it worked. For the express, (X*2) is doubling the original number, then you added 3, so you have the plus 3. Once you get the result of that, you need to multiply that by X. The result needs to equal 3654.

How many more questions do you have?

I have 8 more questions, Can we just answer it then I will just leave a tip for you later

Sure. Post them all and I'll get to them as they come in.

I don't get this
can you please explain to me

Just keep putting them in here.

can you please explain further this one "b. 15:1, Take 75 and divide it by 5 cm"

Fro 15:1, since the ratio is 75 is shrunk to 5, you divided 75 by 5 to get the ratio.

Irregular shape: 1.5 * 5.5 = 8.25.... even though its irregular, it's still a rectangle if you flatten it.

What is a nets: I have no idea what that's asking.

People in Party: Not sure on how to calculate that.

Triangle - Not in my expertise.

Task 4a. - Not positive on that one either.

Task 4 d - If Rico and Pat have 9 candies together, and Rico takes 3, how many does Pat have left?. I think that makes the expression much simpler to quantify in an equation. It also has a more straight forward approach to the problem.

Task 4 c - Red followed by yellow is 1/4 * 1/4 = 1/16. There is no replacement so each spin is a 1 in 4 chance. Since the probabilities of spinning a yellow or a red are the same, spinning yellow followed by red is also 1/16.

Task 4d. The way he does it, is valid. However, his answer is not. By getting everything equal, he would need to chose the number in the middle in order to get the mean. So, the answer would be 7 in this case, and not 4.

I had them mislabeled.

I still don't have answer to the Formula of a right triangle with 100 degrees, 50degrees and 30 degrees. can you please help

Like I previously said, I'm not positive on what that's asking so I'm not an expert on that.