Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

Consider a total of 10,000 people. If it was said that

Customer Question
within 1 deviation (of the...
Consider a total of 10,000 people. If it was said that within 1 deviation (of the mean) of all people like MATH 123, how many of the group should like MATH 123?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Math Homework
3/13/2018
Math Tutor or Teacher: Ryan, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer
Hi,Thank you for using the site. I’ll be happy to help you with this problem.Assuming that the distribution is normal, we would expect that 68% of the population would be within 1 standard deviation of the mean. With a total population of 10,000, the number of people who like Math 123 would be 10,000 * 0.68 = 6,800 people.I hope this helps.Regards,Ryan