Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

I'm a student and I'm doing a psychological statistic

Customer Question
Hi, I'm a student and...
Hi, I'm a student and I'm doing a psychological statistic assignment and I need assistance with it. My first question is what is the null hypothesis and alternative hypothesis.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Math Homework
3/12/2018
Math Tutor or Teacher: Ryan, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer
Hi,Thank you for using the site. I’ll be happy to help you with this question.The null hypothesis is a statement that there is no difference between a particular population parameter and a hypothesized value.The alternative hypothesis is a complementary statement that there IS some difference between the population parameter and the hypothesized value.For example, if the population mean is believed to be 100, then your hypotheses might be:Null: Ho: μ = 100
Alternative: Ha: μ > 100I hope this helps.Regards,Ryan
Ryan
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer