Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

Refer to the following demographic information that has been…

Customer Question
Refer to the following demographic...
Refer to the following demographic information that has been collected by an instructor after surveying her class.
Total number of students in the​ class:
42
Number of​ boys:
21
Number of​ girls:
21
Number of​ Freshman:
6
Number of​ Sophomores:
15
Number of​ Juniors:
11
Number of​ Seniors:
10
Number of Science​ Majors:
21
Number of​ Non-Science Majors:
21
If the instructor chooses one student to pass out​ papers, one student to clean the​ chalkboard, and one student to empty the​ trash, then how many ways can she do this if all three students are not the same sex and a student may do
more than one​ job?
There are nothing
possible ways for the instructor to choose students for jobs.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Math Homework
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/20/2017
Math Tutor or Teacher: Ryan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer
Hi,Thank you for using the site. I’ll be happy to help you with this problem.Since the three selected students are not all the same gender, there must be either two males and one female, or one male and two females. This gives combinations of MMF, MFM, FMM, FFM, FMF, and MFF.Since a student can do more than one job, there are 21 choices for each position. This means that there are 21*21*21 = 9261 combinations for each arrangement of genders.The total number of ways is them 6 * 9261 = 55,566 ways.Please feel free to ask if you have any questions about this solution.Thanks,Ryan