Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

I have searched and cannot find a similar question to this…

Customer Question
Hi, I have searched and...
Hi, I have searched and cannot find a similar question to this that has been answered...Q. With a fair coin, my opponent flips 50 times, & I call heads or tails.
It is fair odds, ie I get back 2xbet if I win, 0 if I lose.
The average outcome is 25 wins, 25 losses.
However, if I make the assumption that I will win at least 15 times, how do I proportion my bets
to be ahead at the 15th win, whilst minimising bets?Further, write an equation to illustrate this with e= expected wins, n= total flips.I know e=15, n=50.
I think if c=expected wins at any point in the series, bet=1+(losses/c) works, but
it does not take into account n.I have asked an engineering graduate who is stuck. Any help, please?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Math Homework
11/14/2017
Math Tutor or Teacher: GLENN GILONGOS,
 replied 8 months ago
GLENN GILONGOS

When is this due?

Hi! No rush, have a week to complete.
Math Tutor or Teacher: GLENN GILONGOS,
 replied 8 months ago

ok

Hi, any luck with the above question?
Math Tutor or Teacher: GLENN GILONGOS,
 replied 8 months ago

hold on (few more hours please)

Math Tutor or Teacher: GLENN GILONGOS,
 replied 8 months ago

Just a clarification, is your bet fixed only for all bets or we can vary the amount of bet per flip of coin?

Math Tutor or Teacher: GLENN GILONGOS,
 replied 8 months ago

Since if each bets are fixed and are the same, then the ordering of the bets is not important, but if we can vary our bets, then we will maximize our bets when we reach the last 15 flips. Please reply to my clarification.

We can vary our bets, we can bet any amount we like.
That's the question, "how to proportion our bets..."
I assume the 1st bet is 1 $/£ or whatever.
Math Tutor or Teacher: GLENN GILONGOS,
 replied 8 months ago

ah ok

Hi, any luck? I thought it would be fairly straightforward (not for me obviously, my A level maths was a few years ago.
) could the question be opened up to others?
Math Tutor or Teacher: GLENN GILONGOS,
 replied 7 months ago

ok