Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

U.S. debt For selected years from 1900 to 2014, the national…

Customer Question
U.S. debt For selected...

U.S. debt For selected years from 1900 to 2014, the national debt d, in billions of dollars, can be modeled by d = 1.60e0.083t
where t is the number of years past 1900.
(Source: Bureau of Public Debt, U.S. Treasury). (a) What function describes how fast the national debt is changing? (b) Find the instantaneous rate of change of the national debt model d(t) in 1950 and 2025. (c) Explain the meaning of the instantaneous rate of change in 1950 in the context of the problem.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Math Homework
10/24/2017
Math Tutor or Teacher: mathwhiz123, Associate Degree replied 8 months ago
mathwhiz123
mathwhiz123, Associate Degree

I'm working on your problem now...

A) Exponential Function

Ok thanks, ***** ***** also going to answer the rest of the questions ?

I'm working on it now..

Ok thank you

B) derivative/rate of change is 1.6*e^(0.083t)

t = 1950, rate of change = 1.6*e^(0.083(50)) = 101.49

t = 2025, rate of change = 1.6*e^(0.083(125)) = 51277.31

C) In 1950 the rate of change of the national debt according to the model was approximately $101.49 Billion

In part B it was important to make sure that the t was the number of years after 1900, and that's why they were not 1950 and 2025 in the equation.

If you are satisfied, please rate this answer for that is how I receive credit for my work and if you have anymore questions later, please ask forCustomerin the description.