Ryan
Ryan, Engineer
Experience:  B.S. in Civil Engineering
40260889

Company A produces and sells a popular pet food product

quot;For Ryan Only" Company A produces and sells a popular pet food product packaged under two brand names, with formulas that
contain different proportions of the same ingredients. Company A made this decision so that their national branded
product would be differentiated from the private label product. Some product is sold under the company’s nationally
advertised brand (Bra

Thank you for using the site, and thank you for requesting me.

It appears that your question has been cut off a bit. Please post the complete details of the problem at your convenience.

Thanks,

Ryan

By the way, I'm sorry about the delay in replying to you. It appears that your question was originally posted in a category that I am not admitted to, so I didn't see this until just a short time ago when it was moved to the math category.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Hello Ryan, is there a number to contact you?

No, I'm afraid there isn't. There is a feature on the site that would allow me to contact you by phone, but it is not active at the moment for some reason.

How can I help you?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I submitted the 1st task and it came back matching over 70%
I can try to rework it, but chances are that whichever source it is being compared to is one of mine as well.
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I believe it's one of yours. Just answer is listed as the source

I posted an updated version of the Word document in your original question thread.

Hi again,

Please see the attached Word document for the solution to this problem.

PetFood

Please feel free to ask if you have any questions about this solution.

Thanks,

Ryan

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Thank you very much! Below is the final task.

Thanks.

Please be sure to rate the service you received for this question, and then open a new page for the new assignment.

Thanks again,

Ryan

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I did for the 1st one. The 2nd one was for multiple tasks which includes this one.

I guess that wasn't clear on my end. Here is the last one:

Costs

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
sorry for the late response. The taskstream match is showing at 60% and I'm 30 % over the threshold allowed. Reviewing to see what I can change.

I don't know what you can do about that. The vast majority of that Excel sheet is numbers that you can't really do anything about. The random numbers were given to you, so they have to stay the way that they are. And the costs are determined by the random numbers, so you can't change anything there either. That makes up almost all of the document. Changing the wording of the notes that I included (which, ironically, were completely original) isn't going to help enough to get down to 30%.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Thank you ...ill make some more changes and try again....

You're welcome. I hope it works out for you. If I thought there was anything that I could change that would make a difference, I'd be happy to help you with it.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hello Ryan, I sent the wrong task to you for one of the task. I will submit a new request but wanted to make sure it gets to you. Here is the info: Given:
Company A’s demand is uniform throughout the year and totals 19,000 units per year.
Ordering costs total $39 per order. The annual holding cost rate is 27% of the value of the
inventory. The per-unit cost of inventory is $11.
Company B’s demand is uniform throughout the year and totals 17,000 units per year. The
production setup costs total $79 per setup. The annual holding cost rate is 29% of the value
of the inventory. The per-unit cost of finished product is $20. The production rate is
constant and equivalent to 65,000 units per year.
Task:
Write a response in which you:
A. Determine the order size for Company A in the given scenario that would minimize total
annual cost by using the economic order quantity model, showing all of your work and
describing in an original essay for an audience not familiar with the formula how the answer
was obtained. This essay must demonstrate the author’s competence with the subject
matter.
B. Determine the lot size for Company B in the given scenario that would minimize total
annual cost by using the economic production lot size model, showing all of your work and
matter.

The solution for the new problem has been posted in the new thread.