Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

Not sure how good you are in R but I have some questions.

Customer Question
Hi Ryan, not sure how...
Hi Ryan, not sure how good you are in R but I have some questions. Don't need this till Sunday but let me know if you are able to. Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Math Homework
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/4/2017
Math Tutor or Teacher: Ryan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer

Thank you for the new request.

Yes, I am familiar with R. I'll look this over and will get back to you about it as quickly as I can.

Ryan

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay thanks

You're welcome.

Hi again. Yes, I can help with these.

How are you expected to present the results? Can you just paste R-code and resulting values into the Word document as needed, or is there some other format that you need to follow?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
in a word document with the result is fine

Here is the first problem:

R-Questions(Pg1)

Do you feel that this is what is desired (in general) for these problems?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I believe so.
Ok, great. Hang on for just a few minutes and I'll get the complete set posted for you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Awesome.

Here is the link to the solutions:

R-Questions

As always, please feel free to ask if you have questions about any part of this.

Thanks,

Ryan

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll take a look as soon as I can. Thanks
You're welcome.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Ryan, sorry to bother you but for question 2 can you give me the breakdown you used to create x prior to creating the graph. I didnt know it but I actually have to recreate all of this because it can't be in pdf it has to be in markdown.

I'm sorry about the delay in replying. I have been having some issues with my Internet service.

The R instructions for #2 were:

Part a:

> set.seed(123)

> x <- rexp(n = 100, rate = 1)

> par(mfrow = c(1, 2))

> boxplot(x, main = "Boxplot")

> qqnorm(x)

> qqline(x)

> boxplot.stats(x)$out

Then for part b, create the data set "y":

> y <- 3 * (x**(1/3) - 1)

> par(mfrow = c(1, 2))

> boxplot(y, main = "Boxplot")

> qqnorm(y)

> qqline(y)

> boxplot.stats(y)$out

Note: You might want to run these code sequences yourself. When I tried them again as I was composing this, I got different results. I have updated my version of R since I posted the solutions for this set, so that may be the reason for the change in the results. Or I may have fail to reset the seed in the original set after trying a few different arrangements of instructions. I really can't tell at this point.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hey Ryan. I have another set of questions if your available today. Thanks
Hi. Please post the new set of questions at your convenience. I'll be happy to take a look at them. Please be sure to add "For Ryan" at the beginning of your new question.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hey Ryan sent the question your way like 30 min ago. Want to make sure you got it. Thanks

Yes, I got them. I'm getting started on them right now.

In the meantime, would you please consider rating the service you received on the set of R questions?

Thanks,

Ryan