Tutoring InAnInstant
Tutoring InAnInstant, Head Tutor
Experience:  CEO and Head Tutor at Tutoring In an Instant
94022473

A): A motorcar of mass 1700 Kg accelerates from 150 km/hr to

Customer Question

A): A motorcar of mass 1700 Kg accelerates from 150 km/hr to 240 km/hr in 2.5 seconds.
* Find the average acceleration and the force needed to create this acceleration
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Math Homework
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Task 1 (P4):
(A): A motorcar of mass 1700 Kg accelerates from 150 km/hr to 240 km/hr in 2.5 seconds.
* Find the average acceleration and the force needed to create this acceleration(B): A body starts from rest and accelerates with constant acceleration of 5.0 m/s2 up to a speed of 19 m/s. It then travels at 19 m/s for 25 seconds after which time it is retarded to a speed of 3m/s. If the complete motion takes 50 seconds find
* The time taken to reach 19m/s
* The negative acceleration to reach the speed of 3m/s
* The total distance travelled.TASK2 (P5):
A lock gate is 10m wide and has water at a depth of 5m acting on one side and 10m acting on the other as shown in Figure-1.
Determine the net thrust force acting on the sides of the lock gate and the line of action of this force from the base of the gate, taking the normal value for the density of water as 1000 kg/m³.
Fig-1TASK3 (P6):
A steel bar of length 0.7 m and diameter 70 mm is suspended from a chain and lowered into a tank of liquid whose relative density is 0.85.
Determine the tension in the chain when the bar is fully immersed.
The density of water is 1000 kg/m³ and the density of steel is 6855 kg/m³.TASK4 (P7):
In a water supply system, the mains supply pipe is connected to a tributary pipe via a tapered connector. The inlet diameter to the connector is 0.6 m and the velocity of flow of the water at the inlet is 1.8 m/s as in Fig-2.
Fig-2
The supply from the tributary pipe is used to supply water to an irrigation system, where the flow velocity from the tributary pipe must be maintained at 3 m/s in order for the irrigation system to operate efficiently. Assuming that the flow is incompressible and taking the density of the water as 1000 kg/m³,
Determine:
(a) The volume flow rate for the system
(b) The mass flow rate for the system
(c) The diameter of the tributary pipe to the irrigation system.TASK5 (P8):a) A steel bar has a length of 4.0 m at 15°C. (a) What will be the length of the bar when it is heated to 230°C? (b) If a sphere of diameter 14cm is made from the same material what will be the percentage increase in surface area, if the sphere is subject to the same initial and final temperature.b) How much heat energy is required to change 7 Kg of ice at 0 C into water at 20 C. The specific latent heat of fusion for water is 334 KJ and Specific heat capacity of water is 4200 J/Kg K.TASK6 (P9):
a) A quantity of gas occupies a volume of 0.8m³. The pressure of the gas is 380 kPa, when its temperature is 40°C. What will be the pressure of the gas if it is compressed to half its volume and heated to a temperature of 130°C?b) A quantity of gas occupies a volume of 2.2m³ at 55°C and 350KPa. What will be the Temperature of the gas if its pressure is increased to 600KPa and the volume is reduced to 1.3m³.
Expert:  George Sibiya replied 12 days ago.

Hi

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for utilising our services

I am working on your tasks and will post back

Regards,

G

The questions refere to figures. Please attach a word document or pdf with those images

Expert:  Tutoring InAnInstant replied 8 days ago.

Attached is a document in PDF format with all of the questions answered. I am 100% confident in my answers except for Task 2. Also, some of the answers will depend on what you use for g (I used the most accurate 9.807 m/s2).

Please let me know if you have any questions,

Jeff Negus

Tutoring In An Instant