Ryan
Ryan, Engineer
Experience:  B.S. in Civil Engineering
40260889

The sum of the digits of the number 2004 is 6 (i.e., 2 + 0 +

The sum of the digits of the number 2004 is 6 (i.e., 2 + 0 + 0 + 4 = 6).
How many whole numbers from 1000 to 9999 will give you 6, when you add up the
digits? Explain your strategy for ensuring you have all the possible answers.

Thank you for using the site. I'll be happy to help you with this. It will take a bit of time to work out the solution and explain it. I will get it posted for you as quickly as I can.

Thanks,

Ryan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for replying!no problem, so it was the sum of digits questions and the recipie question you're working out correct?

The only problem I see on my end is the one about the sum of the digits.

What is the "recipe question"?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had two questions i'm not sure why it didn't upload, this is the other oneKelly is a recipe tester and has been making muffins. When she uses 2 eggs and 5
cups of flour the mixture is too dry and the muffins are too crumbly when cooked.
When she adjusts her recipe to use 3 eggs and 5 cups of flour, the mixture is too
wet and the cooked muffins are too flat. Suggest 3 different ways that Kelly could
adjust her recipe. Provide reasoning for each of your answer.

OK, got it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long will it take you Ryan?

I'm not sure. With the first problem, each step gets longer than the previous one as there are more possibilities. (You'll see what I mean when you see the solution.)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's fine, so it'll take you about 30mins to an hour?

Perhaps something like that. I'm on the last part of the first problem, and then I need to check the answer using something like Excel just to be sure that I didn't miss a combination.

For the recipe problem, I can see how she can adjust the recipe, but I'm not completely sure how your class expects you to approach this. Do you have a similar problem as an example?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont have an example sorry!! Althougth my teacher basically said it's problem solving so we need to come up with ways to adjust her recipe

Ok. What level class is this for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
undergadute first year, its for teaching
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you getting it?

Here is the solution for the digits problem:

Digits

Please feel free to ask if you have any questions about this solution.

I'll get a response for the recipe problem written up and posted for you. That one won't take as long.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!!

Here is a response for the recipe problem.

Recipe

I hope that this is at least close to what your instructor is looking for. If you get any feedback about it, please feel free to return here and let me know. I'll do what I can to make any necessary adjustments.

Thanks,

Ryan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll let you know thank you very much! i'll have a look over it now, shouldn't be too long

You're quite welcome.