Ryan
Ryan, Engineer
Experience:  B.S. in Civil Engineering
40260889

Im having some trouble on an assignment and i see that it

Customer Question

Hi, Im having some trouble on an assignment and i see that it was already asked by someone else...is it possible to also download the answer just to get an idea?
JA: The Math Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Tell me more about what you need help with so we can help you best.
Customer: This is my assignment: Create an inferential statistics (hypothesis) test using the research question and two variables your learning team developed for the Week 2 Business Research Project Part 1 assignment. Include:
The research question
Mock data for the independent and dependent variables
Determine the appropriate statistical tool to test the hypothesis based on the research question.
Conduct a hypothesis test with a 95% confidence level, using the statistical tool.
Write an interpretation of no more than 350-words of the results and provide your findings.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Submit both the spreadsheet and the paper to the Assignment Files tab.
JA: The Math Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Is there anything else important you think the Math Tutor should know?
Customer: All i would like to know is what statistical test i should use?
Category: Math Homework
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using the site. Can you tell me more about the research question you are using for this project, and a little about the data that you have created/collected?

Thanks,

Ryan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Research Question - whether businesses benefit (profit wise) from having a social media presence or not.
Dependent Variable - company profit
Independent Variable - data collected such as age, gender, geographic location, and advertisement in social media.I don't have any data i need to make mock data for this assignment. That and which hypothesis test is where i'm a bit confused.
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.

Ok, here's is what I would do with that research question:

1. Create two sets of mock data consisting of the profit margin values for the companies. One set would be for companies that do have a social media presence, and the other set would be companies that do not have a social media presence.

2. Phrase the hypotheses as: H0: p1 = p2, and H1: p1 > p2. The variable p1 is the average profit margin for companies with a social media presence, and p2 is the average profit margin for companies that do not.

3. Perform a two-sample test of proportions using the z-statistic.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Ryan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would this be something you could possibly create for me?
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.

The mock data?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The mock data with the two-sample test
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I could do that. I'll have it posted for you as soon as I can get it typed up.

Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

Here is the set of data that I used:

SocialMediaData

And here is the corresponding hypothesis test:

SocialMedia

I misspoke earlier. Rather than being a test of proportions, this test should be a two-sample test of means.

Thanks,

Ryan