Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

Math Homework

Question 1 In selecting a random sample, it is common to

Customer Question
Question 1 In selecting a random...
Question 1
In selecting a random sample, it is common to
draw the numbers from a hat.
draw numbers from the phone book and then reverse them.
select the numbers while blindfolded.
draw the numbers from a table of random numbers or use a random-number generator program.
3 points
Question 2
Which of the following is a potential biasing factor in gathering data for program evaluation?
Clients that feel the program has been helpful may inflate effectiveness ratings to insure continued funding.
Staff members may inflate their ratings of effectiveness because they need to feel they are doing important work and not wasting their time.
Clients may feel that better programs could be implemented and may therefore deflate their ratings of the current program.
All of the above
3 points
Question 3
Problems in administration of procedures
occur only once the data has been collected.
should be solved in pretesting before data collection begins.
do not occur if an established procedure is used.
should be handled on a participant-by-participant basis.
3 points
Question 4
Which of the following is NOT a phase of the research design checklist suggested in your text?
clarity of the research hypothesis
adequacy of the independent variable manipulation
adequacy of the supplies and funding
adequacy of the dependent measure
3 points
Question 5
In interrupted time-series designs,
the experiences of a single participant are manipulated and recorded.
two or more groups of participants are measured several times.
a single group of participants is measured several times both before and after some event or manipulation.
a single group of participants is measured once at pretreatment and once at post-treatment.
3 points
Question 6
The most information and generally the best results are obtained when a survey is administered
by telephone.
by mail.
incognito.
in a personal, face-to-face interview.
3 points
Question 7
Varying the order of presentation of conditions in a within-subjects design will control
sequence effects.
placebo effects.
experimenter effects.
researcher bias.
3 points
Question 8
Carry-over effects occur when
groups are not equivalent.
groups are randomized.
an ad hoc sample is used.
participants gain experience from early conditions.
3 points
Question 9
The analysis of variance (ANOVA) is required in studies in which
there are more than two groups to compare.
the data are nominal.
the data are ordered.
there are only two groups to compare.
3 points
Question 10
A researcher wants to do a study of pretest anxiety. He devises two possible ways of measuring pretest anxiety: (1) attaching electrodes to the palm and measuring the amount of sweat produced; (2) having observers rate participants on how anxious they look. Which of the following is true?
Both are subjective measures.
Both are objective measures.
#1 is objective; #2 is subjective.
#1 is subjective; #2 is objective.
3 points
Question 11
A researcher is using a within-subjects design. After condition two (there are a total of three conditions) the researcher notices that the participants are looking bored and restless. After the third condition, the researcher records a falling off of performance. This is an example of a(n)
positive practice effect.
negative practice effect.
participant effect.
ordering effect.
3 points
Question 12
What is the term for unwanted enhancement of performance on subsequent conditions in within-subjects designs?
positive practice effect
negative practice effect
participant attrition
performance maturation
3 points
Question 13
Surveys attempt to obtain information from people
only in writing.
in their natural environments.
primarily in laboratory settings.
only by telephone.
3 points
Question 14
Procedures and equipment should be
flexible to allow the researcher to respond to the actions of each participant.
identical to those used in previous studies.
automated and computer controlled.
pilot tested before any data are collected.
3 points
Question 15
All instructions to participants, procedures, and tests should be
prepared and piloted.
ambiguous.
non-defensive and user-friendly.
creative and original.
3 points
Question 16
The hypothesis that the independent variable has influenced the dependent variable is the
null hypothesis.
alternative concepts hypothesis.
research hypothesis.
equivalent constraint hypothesis.
3 points
Question 17
A researcher wants to look at self-concept in college students nationwide. However, she decides to sample from all college students in the Boston area. In this experiment, "college students nationwide" is the ________ population.
target
representative
accessible
sampling
3 points
Question 18
Statistical analysis procedures for a research study
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Math Homework
Can you Help me?
12/21/2015
Math Tutor or Teacher: Ryan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer

Thank you for using the site.

I'm sorry about the delay in getting a reply to you. It appears that your question was originally posted in a different category and has just now appeared in the Math category.

Do you still need help with these questions?

Also, it appears that your list of questions was cut off due to its length. Part of Question 18, and any that may follow, is missing. Please feel free to repost any questions that were not included in that posting.

Thanks,

Ryan

Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree