Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

Math Homework

Here is the group U3 due by 28 Nov. 2015 Sat. U4 due 5 Dec.

Customer Question
2015 and U5 due 12...
Here is the group U3 due by 28 Nov. 2015 Sat. U4 due 5 Dec. 2015 and U5 due 12 Dec 2015. Last name starts with the letter B . U5 has 2 choices I like the first choice but what ever one is easier to do then that is the 1 you should do. thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Math Homework
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/23/2015
Math Tutor or Teacher: Ryan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer

I'll get started on U3 today. In the meantime, would you please go back to the previous set that I worked on and consider rating the service that you received? The way that the site is set up, those ratings are the only way that I get paid for my work.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi again,

Here is U3:

U3Project

Thanks,

Ryan

Thank you

You're welcome.

am I rating it now or after I get the other 2 answer first?

You can hold off until the other 2 are done. Thank you for rating the past answer though.

I'm having trouble with part 6 of the U4 project. It asks you to research SNR and bandwidth values for a "CAT6 coaxial cable". The first issue is that Cat6 is a standard for unshielded twisted pair (UTP) cables, not coaxial cables. Ignoring that, I am able to find a bandwidth value for Cat6 UTP, but not signal or noise values in watts.

Could you please check with your instructor about the "coaxial" part of the question, and ask if he/she has any suggestions for sources for signal and noise values in watts?

Thanks,

Ryan

okay I will

Thanks.

I found this site does this help? http://searchnetworking.techtarget.com/definition/signal-to-noise-ratio
http://www.mathworks.com/help/signal/ref/snr.html

Neither of those pages give signal or noise values in watts.

thins page talks about watts http://fixunix.com/tcp-ip/496177-signal-noise-ratio-formula-needed.html if this doesn't help I will email teacher and find out Monday okay?
I just sent email out
friend of mine sent this stuff to me
https://www.belden.com/docs/upload/What_is_Category_6_Q-A.pdf
http://www.sandiegocctvexpert.com/glossary.html
http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/mining/content/emergencymanagementandresponse/commtracking/advcommtrackingtutorial2.html
check this out let me know . If not I do have an email into teacher

The first one (from Belden) is the article that I was able to get the bandwidth value from, but it didn't have the signal or noise values that we need. I'll take a look at the second one as soon as I can. I think I already looked at the third link too.

look this over and c if it helps. teacher hasn't answered me yet
Ryan here is what he said to me
Yes, Wayne, CAT6 coaxial cable is the same as CAT6 Ethernet cable. If you find the S/N in dB you can convert this to the SNR in the assignment as follows: 10^(dB/10) = SNR.Does this help you?

Here are the other two projects:

Unit4

Unit5

For Unit 5, I ended up doing the second of the two projects. I didn't have an answer for the last part of the first project.

Thanks,

Ryan

looks good did u mean Unit 4 IP last question not answered?

Wasn't the last question in Unit 4 the one about when C(SNR) = C'(SNR)?

ok thank u

Ok, the answer for that one should have been included in solution that was posted. Please let me know if it is missing on your end. Sometimes Word does weird things with the pages, and things like graphs and equations can sometimes be "lost" between pages.

What I was originally referring to was part 8 of the first project in Unit 5. It was asking about advantages and disadvantages related to the growth of Internet access. That wasn't really a "math" question, and I didn't really have an answer for it. Because of this, I chose to do the second of the two projects.

Please let me know if there are any unresolved issues.

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer