Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

Math Homework

Has the following astrophysics theory been disproved? If you

Customer Question
have a relatively electron-free plasma...
Has the following astrophysics theory been disproved? If you have a relatively electron-free plasma consisting of free hydrogen and alpha nuclei, I estimate the electrostatic repulsion between alpha nuclei will cancel out the difference in mass defect
between He-3 and tritium nuclei at about 100,000 atmospheres. At higher pressures; a stray, wandering electron would cause He-3 to decay spontaneously to tritium producing a stable supply of tritium. The following equations become viable and bypass the tri-alpha
equation: H-1 + H-3 => He-4 H-3 + He-4 => Li-7 Li-7 + Li-7 => C-13 + (n) This would explain the relative scarcity of atomic weight 3 nuclei and the relative abundance of C-13 atoms in the universe. Also note, lithium fusion has about the same ignition temperature
as the tri-alpha equation and lithium fusion doesn't have the high inelastic scattering problem the tri-alpha equation has due to parent and composite nuclei having the same spin and parity.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Math Homework
11/11/2015
Math Tutor or Teacher: Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree replied 2 years ago
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree

Hello, my name is Greg.

Can you provide the specifics of what you are needing for this prompt as what you have provided above does not really show what is required. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be to find an expert who is best able to support your needs.

You can upload using a file sharing site such as mediafire.com or wikisend.com and then share the link here with us.

The specific intent was to obtain study references to perturbations in Helium-3/tritium mass defect caused by forces outside the atomic nucleus. In particular, I have an interest in the possibility that tritium could be made stable enough by relief of electrostatic repulsion in an electron free plasma to zero the mass defect difference between He-3 and tritium and so as to make tritium important in stellar fusion processes, including invalidation of the supposed tri-alpha equation (3 He-4 => C-12) and involvement of tritium in the "slow process" for building heavy atoms such as the formation of Ca-46 and Ca-48 from lighter elements; although my interest in the slow process should be considered to be secondary.. I am aware that Einstein, at the time of his death, was working on such perturbations, but do not have references to any conclusions he may have reached. I would be interested in obtaining references to such conclusions by Einstein or other credible researchers.
It is not appropriate to address my question to a math expert. This question should be addressed to an expert in the field of Astrophysics or the Unified Field Theory. My interest in the "slow process" is intended to provide supplemental information and should not be considered to be part of the question. Asking questions in response to my question does not provide useful information and should not be construed to be an acceptable answer.

After going through my resources, I do not have what is necessary to complete at this time.

I am opting out and opening up to the other professionals and messaging a couple who might be able to help.

Someone should be with you shortly.

Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree