Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

What ANOVA is and come up with an epidemiological scenario…

Customer Question
what ANOVA is and come...
what ANOVA is and come up with an epidemiological scenario that it would be needed.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Math Homework
7/12/2015
Math Tutor or Teacher: Ray Atkinson, Bachelor's Degree replied 2 years ago
Ray Atkinson
Ray Atkinson, Bachelor's Degree
ANOVA stands for (An)alysis (o)f (Va)riation. It measures how much of a change is due to random chance compared to an actual effect from an independent variable. Specifically, it determines if the change in one group is different from the change to another group, and whether the difference is statistically significant.To give an example, one group is given a vaccine and another group is not. Some of the people in each group got sick. There is a difference, but is that difference in the number of people a significant one? That is what ANOVA can determine.