Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

1. A formal statement that there is an absence of relationship…

Customer Question
1. A formal statement that...
1. A formal statement that there is an absence of relationship between variables when tested by a researcher is called:
Null hypothesis
Type I error
Type II error
Negative interval
2. Bivariate statistics refers to the statistical analysis of the relationship between two variables.
True
False
3. Positive relationships between two variables indicate that, as the score of one increases, the score of the other increases.
True
False
4. A result that is probably not attributable to chance is:
Type I error
Type II error
Statistical significance
In the semi-quartile range
5. A score that is likely to fall into the middle 68% of scores of a normal distribution will fall inside these values:
. +/- 3 standard deviations
+/- 2 standard deviations
+/- 1 standard deviation
semi-quartile range
29. Regression uses the least squares method to fit a model.
True
False
30. The difference between the highest and lowest score in a distribution is called:
Semi-quartile range
Range
Mean
Median
31. This is the measurement of dispersion equal to the square root of the mathematical variance.
Mean
Median
Standard deviation
Range
32. This is used to compare means while controlling for the effect of a covariate.
ANOVA
RANOVA
ANCOVA
Dependent t-test
33. The assumptions for ANCOVA differ substantially from those for ANOVA.
True
False
34. When the researcher incorrectly rejects the null hypothesis, it is known as:
Hypothesis error
Statistical significance
Type I error
Type II error
35. You are studying the effect of hypnosis on weight loss. You will measure each patient's weight pre- and post-intervention. The most appropriate test is:
One sample t-test
MANOVA
ANCOVA
Dependent groups t-test
36. What is the minimum level of measurement appropriate for the independent variable in a t-test?
Nominal
Ordinal
Interval
Ratio
37. ANOVA assumes which of the following?
Random sampling
Normal distribution
Dependent variable is at least interval
Three or more groups of independent variable
All of the above
38. Public Health nurses want to compare the mean weight of US 6th graders to a sample of 6th graders in one school. Which statistical test is most appropriate
One-sample t-test
ANOVA
ANCOVA
Independent t-test
39. A group of neonatal nurses wanted to know if there was a difference in mean heart rate between premature babies who were swaddled and babies who were not swaddled. Babies were randomly assigned to swaddling or no swaddling. Which test is most appropriate?
One sample t-test
ANCOVA
Independent t-test
Logistic regression
40. Psych nurses wanted to evaluate the effect of three different treatments for anxiety - positive imagery, therapeutic touch, and medication on anxiety score (interval data) while controlling for the effect of length of stay. Which test is most appropriate?
ANOVA
ANCOVA
Independent t-test
Paired t-test
41. Critical care nurses wanted to evaluate the effect of heparin vs saline IV flush solution on IV patency (patent vs not patent). Which test is most appropriate?
One sample t-test
Independent t-test
Chi-square test
ANOVA
42. A nurse researcher wanted to evaluate blood pressure in a set of patients/research subjects at 1, 3, and 6 months. What test would be most appropriate?
Independent t-test
ANVOVA
RM-ANOVA
ANCOVA
43. In a study that examines the effect of a peer mentor on the heart rate of patients, what is the dependent variable?
Peer mentoring
Emotional status
Heart rate
Patients
44. A variable with equal distances between score units which also has a true meaningful zero is:
Ordinal
Cardinal
Ratio
Nominal
45. The standard deviation is:
The difference between the 3rd and 1st quartile.
The squared deviations from the mean.
The difference between the highest and lowest scores.
The square root of the variance.
46. If a researcher accepts a null hypothesis when that hypothesis is actually true, she has committed:
a type I error
a type II error
no error
a causation
47. Chi-square tests can be conducted for a 4X3 contingency table.
True
False
48. This is used when a conservative approach is desired and an expected cell frequency is less than 5 in a 2X2 table.
Fisher's exact test
Cramer's V
Yates' correction
Regression
49. The distribution of chi-square values is NOT normally distributed.
True
False
50. Generally, an ANOVA test is used when 3 or more variables are compared.
True
False
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Math Homework
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I would like the answers in an hour please. Let me know if this possible, otherwise, I have to cancel this order. Thank you.
Answered in 1 day by:
5/31/2015
Math Tutor or Teacher: Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree replied 3 years ago
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Hello, my name is Greg.
I see this might be time sensitive.
Do you still need this answered?
So sorry for the late response. I needed it on the same day and left a message stating to disregard if not received within an hour or so. I'll keep you in mind next time, Greg. Thanks again.