Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

Math Homework

You can retrieve data set link here: http://wikisend.com/download/274360/ Continue

You can retrieve data set...
You can retrieve data set link here:
http://wikisend.com/download/274360/

Continue the Springdale Shopping Survey at the end of Chapter 3 in the Integrated Cases section in Introduction to Business Statistics. You will again need the dataset in the file named SHOPPING that you downloaded from the Premium Web Site in module 1. Write a short report that includes an introduction, a conclusion paragraph and a body which answers the four questions posed in the problem. Please include any tables of calculations and graphs associated with this problem in the body. It should be double-spaced and in APA style format.

The attributes being rated for importance are listed below. Examining the relative importance customers place on these attributes can help a manager fine tune his or her shopping area to make it more attractive place to shop. We will concentrate on the variables listed below 18-25

18 Easy to return/exchange goods
19 high quality of goods
20 low prices
21 good variety of sizes/styles
22 sales staff helpful/friendly
23 convenient shopping hours
24 clean stores and surroundings
25 a lot of bargains

1. Perform the following operations for the variable 18-25:
A. Obtain descriptive statistics, including the mean and median
B. Generate a box and whisker plot for the variable. Does the distribution appear to be skewed? if so is the skewness positive or negative

2. Based on the results of question 1, which attributes seem to be the most important and the least important in respondents choice of shopping area?

3. Use their respective coefficients of variation to compare the relative amount of dispersion in variable 29 (number of respondents household) with that of variable 30 (respondents age).

4. Determine the coefficient of correlation between variable 29 ( # XXXXX persons in the household) and variable 30 (age). What percentage of variation in household size is explained by respondents age?
8/23/2013
Mark Twain
Mark Twain, Engineer

The link you sent has a c program not the data needed for the question you posted. Can you send the appropriate link with the data?

-M

Yes, How would you like me to send link?

Just post the appropriate link in your reply to this message.

http://college.cengage.com/decisionsciences/0840057628_weiers/student/excel_datasets.html

http://college.cengage.com/decisionsciences/0840057628_weiers/student/dataplus.html

The link you posted requires a user login. I would suggest you download the file to your computer, and then upload it to mediafire or dropbox. Once you've done that, you can post a link to the mediafire or dropbox file in this thread.

-M

I'll be waiting for you to post the links to the files. Thanks!

-M

Downloaded to my dropbox however not positive how to send link to you. Can I send to an email?

Ok, we're not allowed to communicate via e-mail. You can click on share from your dropbox folder (there should be an option to share the file) and then copy the link and post it here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j07z0jqxksrbkgj/shopping.xlsx?n=205993467

or

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j07z0jqxksrbkgj/shopping.xlsx

Ok, I was able to download the shopping.xlsx file. When is the deadline for completing this?

Looks like you are working on both of these assignments I posted. I will need them by sunday afternoon

Ok, that's fine. I will get the answers to you before then. Thanks!

-M

how is the assignment coming? What time can I except to receive an answer? thanks for your help!

I expect to by done with both assignments by 3:00PM.

Thank you! I will check back at 3!

Ok, thanks!

Here's a link to the first one.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rwxs21sq21xbpk6/

I will send you the second one in a little while.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-M

Mark Twain
Mark Twain, Engineer

I need to update the results for this study. I just noticed a problem with the data that I used. I used variables 11 through 17 instead of 18-25 for the analysis, so I need to update this.

Ok I will wait for it. Thank you.

Ok, thanks. I did not have the book at first so I did the analysis without the book. I just found a copy online and realized the issue. I will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,

-M

ok. I am sorry. I appreciate it!

No problem. I will be in touch soon. The modifications shouldn't take long.

-M

Ok, here is a link to the updated version:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3210tazgt033t7u/Springdale_Shopping_Survey_-_Chapter_3.docx

I had to refer to the case background from chapter 2 to get a clear idea as to which variables they were referring to in the case. I'll send the other one soon. Thanks for your patience.

-M

Mark Twain
Mark Twain, Engineer
Mark Twain
Mark Twain
Mark Twain, Engineer