Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

Math Homework

Hi my name isXXXXX am currently taking a psychology and

Attachment: 2013-06-23_171506_list_the_five_steps_of_hypothesis_testing.docx Hi my name isXXXXX...

Attachment: 2013-06-23_171506_list_the_five_steps_of_hypothesis_testing.docx

Hi my name isXXXXX am currently taking a psychology and statistic course.. its my finals and I really struggling.. Can someone please help my with some statistics problems. Below is the homework problem. 1. List the five steps of hypothesis testing, and explain the procedure and logic of each. 2. A researcher predicts that listening to music while solving math problems will make a particular brain area more active. To test this, a research participant has her brain scanned while listening to music and solving math problems, and the brain area of interest has a percentage signal change of 58. From many previous studies with this same math problems procedure (but not listening to music), it is known that the signal change in this brain area is normally distributed with a mean of 35 and a standard deviation of 10. (a) Using the .01 level, what should the researcher conclude? Solve this problem explicitly using all five steps of hypothesis testing, and illustrate your answer with a sketch showing the comparison distribution, the cutoff (or cutoffs), and the score of the sample on this distribution. (b)Then explain your answer to someone who has never had a course in statistics (but who is familiar with mean, standard deviation, and Z scores). 3. Evolutionary theories often emphasize that humans have adapted to their physical environment. One such theory hypothesizes that people should spontaneously follow a 24-hour cycle of sleeping and waking—even if they are not exposed to the usual pattern of sunlight. To test this notion, eight paid volunteers were placed (individually) in a room in which there was no light from the outside and no clocks or other indications of time. They could turn the lights on and off as they wished. After a month in the room, each individual tended to develop a steady cycle. Their cycles at the end of the study were as follows: 25, 27, 25, 23, 24, 25, 26, and 25. Using the .05 level of significance, what should we conclude about the theory that 24 hours is the natural cycle? (That is, does the average cycle length under these conditions differ significantly from 24 hours?) (a) Use the steps of hypothesis testing. (b) Sketch the distributions involved. (c) Explain your answer to someone who has never taken a course in statistics. 4. Twenty students randomly assigned to an experimental group receive an instructional program; 30 in a control group do not. After 6 months, both groups are tested on their knowledge. The experimental group has a mean of 38 on the test (with an estimated population standard deviation of 3); the control group has a mean of 35 (with an estimated population standard deviation of 5). Using the .05 level, what should the experimenter conclude? (a) Use the steps of hypothesis testing, (b) sketch the distributions involved, and (c) explain your answer to someone who is familiar with the t test for a single sample but not with the t test for independent means. 5. Do students at various universities differ in how sociable they are? Twenty-five students were randomly selected from each of three universities in a region and were asked to report on the amount of time they spent socializing each day with other students. The result for University X was a mean of 5 hours and an estimated population variance of 2 hours; for University Y, M=4, S square =1.5 ; and for University Z, M =6, S square =2.5 . What should you conclude? Use the .05 level. (a) Use the steps of hypothesis testing, (b) figure the effect size for the study; and (c) explain your answers to parts (a) and (b) to someone who has never had a course in statistics. 6. Make up a scatter diagram with 10 dots for each of the following situations: (a) perfect positive linear correlation, (b) large but not perfect positive linear correlation, (c) small positive linear correlation, (d) large but not perfect negative linear correlation, (e) no correlation, (f) clear curvilinear correlation. For problems 12 to 14, do the following: (a) Make a scatter diagram of the scores; (b) describe in words the general pattern of correlation, if any; (c) figure the correlation coefficient; (d) figure whether the correlation is statistically significant (use the .05 significance level, two-tailed); (e) explain the logic of what you have done, writing as if you are speaking to someone who has never heard of correlation (but who does understand the mean, deviation scores, and hypothesis testing); and (f) give three logically possible directions of causality, indicating for each direction whether it is a reasonable explanation for the correlation in light of the variables involved and why 7. Four research participants take a test of manual dexterity (high scores mean better dexterity and an anxiety test high scores mean more anxiety. The scores are as follows. Person Dexterity Anxiety 1 1 10 2 1 8 3 2 4 4 4 -2

6/23/2013
Chirag
Chirag, Master's Degree
Hi, Welcome and Thanks for using Just Answer

I can assist you with this. When is the deadline?

oh thank you thank you can you do it for me by Tuesday.. I had copy and paste and realize that it might not be read properly so I attach an attachment...

please let me know if you can see it properly...

I got the file and the questions are clear. But there are 7 questions with multiple parts. The price offered is too less for this. Can you add a $35 bonus please? I can post the file by Monday afternoon. Please let me know.

Thanks.

can you tell me what is the price currently showing because just answer just took $35 out of my account.. if you are asking for an extra $35 for bonus I will no problem... when u post tomorrow and it is my final so I really want to get at least a B+..

Thank you

Current price is $35 (but I get only a part of it). I will give you good answer for all the questions for a $35 bonus. I will post the file by Monday afternoon. Ok?

ok thank you I will appreciate your help very much...

Thanks and welcome. (Please do not reply to this message)

Hi

Here is the answer file ... http://www.sendspace.com/file/zb46r4

I hope that helps. Let me know if you need any clarifications. Please Rate My Answer and Add The Bonus.

Thanks.

Chirag
Chirag, Master's Degree

Hi I just got in from work I saw you post my answer but I cannot open it I tried several times and its not being open.. Is there another way that you can send it.. then I can open it and be able to give you your bonus.. let me know.

Thanks

I will send the link again within 5 minutes.

Thanks.

Hi, the link is working. Please click on the link. It will take you to a download page where you can download the file.

Let me know if you have any difficulty.

Thanks.

ok I am trying it again

Ok, let me know if there are any issues.

ok there are a whole bunch of different downloads and when I click on either one its asking me if I want to run or save. then when I click on run its saying that this I a unsafe page.

ok I finally got it sorry for the confusion. I will do your bonus now.. I appreciate your help.

That's nice. Thanks.

Chirag
Chirag
Chirag, Master's Degree