Sandhya_sharma
Sandhya_sharma, Master's Degree
Experience:  I hold M.Sc and M.Phil degrees in math and have several years of teaching experience.
14910578

Write equation 8^y = 300 in its equivalent logarithmic form. Use

Attachment: 2012-04-04_225743_math2_wk3_word.docx

Attachment: 2012-04-04_225908_math2_wk3_word.docx

properties of logarithms to expand each logarithmic expression as much as possible. Where possible, evaluate logarithmic expressions without using a calculator log_(b ) x^7 Use properties of logarithms to condense each logarithmic expression. Write the expression as a single logarithm whose coefficient is 1. Where possible, evaluate logarithmic expressions with out a calculator. 5 log_b x + 6 log_b y Use common logarithms or natural logarithms and a calculator to evaluate to four decimal places log_(16 )57.2 The loudness level of a sound can be expressed by comparing the sounds intensity to the intensity of a sound barely audible to the human ear. The formula D=10( - log I_0) describes the loudness level of a sound, in watts per meter^2, and I_0 is the intensity of a sound barely audible to the human ear. Express the formula so that the expression in parentheses is written as a single logarithm. Use the form og the formula from part (a) to answer this question: If sound has an intensity 100 times the intensity of a softer sound, how much larger on the decibel scale is the loudness level of the more intense sound? The formula t= 1/c[1n A – 1n(A –N)]describes the time t, in weeks, that it takes to achieve mastery of a portion of a task, where A is the maximum learning possible, N is the portion of the learning that is to be achieved, and c is a constant used to measure and individual’s learning style. Express the formula so that the expression in brackets is written as a single logarithm. The formula is also used to determine how long it will take chimpanzee and apes to master a task. For example, a typical chimpanzee learning sign language can master a max of 65 signs. Use the formula from part (a) to answer this question. How many weeks will it take a chimpanzee to master 30 signs if c for that chimp is 0.03?
Category: Math Homework
Expert:  Sandhya_sharma replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your questions.

Please inform the deadline for the questions.

Thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I need them by Friday, please.

Where you able to view the attachment? It has all 6 questions. The two word problems have an A & B question. When I copied and pasted the equations did not format correctly so I uploaded them in an attachment.

Thank you

yes, I was able to download file. I will send solutions within 1 hour from now.

Thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks you

You are most welcome!

Please check equation in question 5.

Is it D=10( log I - log Io)?

Please confirm!

Thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

D =10( log I - log Io)

The last I and 0 is a subscript.

okay, Thanks for the info.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
your welcome

Please click on the following link to download file.

CLICK HERE

Thanks