Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

Math Homework

) What are the critical z-values for a two-tailed hypothesis

Customer Question
test if the significant level...
) What are the critical z-values for a two-tailed hypothesis test if the significant level = 0.01?

A. ± 1.96
B. ± 2.33
C. ± 2.58
D. ± 1.65

2) In classical hypothesis testing, the test statistic is to the critical value what the __________.

A. ‘p-value’ is to alpha
B. critical value is to alpha
C. test statistic is to the ‘p-value’
D. level of significance is to the test statistic

3) For a hypothesis test of a single population mean at 95% confidence level, a calculated Z score of 1.7 supports the conclusion that

A. the population mean is greater than the hypothesized value
B. the null hypothesis cannot be rejected
C. the sample is biased
D. the population mean is less than expected

4) If the paired differences are normal in a test of mean differences, then the distribution used for testing is the

A. normal distribution
B. chi-square
C. student distribution
D. F distribution

5) One hundred women were polled and 60 reported successfully communicating an automobile problem to an auto repairman. A sample of 150 men had 95 reporting the same success. The value of the test statistic for a test of the equality of proportions is

A. -0.5319
B. 0.7293
C. -0.419
D. 0.2702

6) Weekly sales of iPods® at 20 Best Buy® stores are compared before and after installing a new eye-catching display. To determine if the display is effective in increasing sales, what type of statistical test would you perform?

A. Comparison of means using independent samples using a t-test
B. Comparison of proportions using independent samples using a z-test
C. Comparison of means using a paired z-test
D. Comparison of means using a paired t-test

7) When is it appropriate to use the paired difference t-test?

A. Four samples are compared at once.
B. Any two samples are compared.
C. Two independent samples are compared.
D. Two dependent samples are compared.

8) A survey of hotels found that the average hotel room rate in New Orleans is $88.42 and the average room rate in Phoenix is $80.61. The survey sampled 50 hotels in each city. The standard deviations were $5.62 and $4.83, respectively. At alpha=.05, it can be concluded that there is a significant different in the rates?

A. 7.45
B. -1.96
C. 1.96
D. -7.45

9) If the paired differences are normal in a test of mean differences, the distribution used for testing is the

A. normal distribution
B. chi-square
C. student t distribution
D. F distribution

10) The accountant for Thomas’s Furniture Store is concerned regarding the outstanding receivable owed the company. There has been a cash flow problem and it is believed that the slow collection of accounts receivable is partially the blame. The accountant believes that 40% of the present accounts are more than 4 months behind in making payments. To be able to make a decision regarding this belief, a random sample of 100 accounts was taken. It was found that 37 accounts were more than 4 months late. Did the sample data confirm the accountant’s belief? Use the .05 significant level for the statistical test.

A. There is not enough evidence to confirm or deny the belief.
B. The accountant's belief is not confirmed.
C. The accountant's belief is confirmed.
D. The accountant needed to take a larger sample.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Math Homework
1/2/2012
Math Tutor or Teacher: David, Post-Doctoral Degree replied 5 years ago
David, Post-Doctoral Degree

David :

hello

David :

give me a sec

David :

and I'll post the answer

David :

1. C
2. A
3. Note it is not in the question what I need to use one or two tailed testAnswer is A (if one-tailed test ids used) or B (if two-tailed test is used.). Note it is not in the question what I need to use.
4. C
5. A
6. D
7. D
8. A
9. C
10. B

David :

hope this helps

David, Post-Doctoral Degree
David, Post-Doctoral Degree