Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

Math Homework

1.Bridget has swimming lessons every fifth day and diving lessons

Customer Question
every third day. If...
1.Bridget has swimming lessons every fifth day and diving lessons every third day. If she had
a swimming lesson and a diving lesson on May 5, when will be the next date on which she
has both swimming and diving lessons?
2.Hot dogs come in packages of 8. Hot dog buns come in packages of 12. If Grace wants to
have enough to serve 24 people and have none left over, how many packages of hot dogs and
hot dog buns should she purchase?
3.There are 40 girls and 32 boys who want to participate in 6th grade intramurals. If each
team must have the same number of girls and the same number of boys, what is the
greatest number of teams that can participate in intramurals?
How many girls and boys will be on each team?
4.Three pigs entered a race around a track. Piggly takes 6 minutes to run one lap. Piglet takes 3 minutes to run one lap and it takes Wiggly 5 minutes to run one lap. If all three pigs begin the race at the same time, how many minutes will it take for all three pigs to be at the starting point again?
5.Shannon is making identical balloon arrangements for a party. She has 32 maroon balloons, 24 white balloons, and 16 orange balloons. She wants each arrangement to have the same number of each color. What is the greatest number of arrangements that she can make if every balloon is used?
A warehouse has shelves that can hold 8, 12, or 16 skateboards. Each shelf has sections holding the same number of skateboards. What is the greatest number of skateboards that can be put in a section? Explain.
6.Omar is planting trees. He has enough trees to plant 6, 7, or 14 trees in each row. What is the least number of trees Omar could have?
7.The high school marching band rehearses with either 6 or 10 members in every line. What is the least number of people that can be in the marching band?
8.The list shows the amounts of money the club leader collected from members for a camping trip. Each member paid the same amount. What is the most the camping trip could cost per member? Explain.
Wednesday $36
Thursday $54
Friday $72
The Yellow bus arrives at the bus stop every 25 minutes, and the Blue bus arrives every 15 minutes. They are both at the bus stop right now. In how many minutes will they both be at the bus stop again?
9.Mei has 15 oranges, 9 peaches, and 18 pears. She wants to put all of the fruit into decorative baskets. Each basket must have the same number of pieces of fruit in it. Without mixing fruits, what is the greatest number of pieces of fruit Mei can put in each basket? Explain.
10.Find the LCM and GCF of 120 and 400.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Math Homework
10/21/2011
Math Tutor or Teacher: Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree replied 6 years ago
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
1. The common multiple of 3 and 5 is 15 so it would be fifteen days later which would be May 20th.

2. she would need 3 packages of hot dogs and 2 packages of buns.

3. the greatest common factor of 40 and 32 is 8 therefore there would need to be 8 teams of each. There would then be 5 teams of 8 girls and 4 teams of 8 boys.

4. the least common multiple of 6, 3, and 5 is 30 so it will be 30 minutes before they are all at the starting point again.

5. 8 is the greatest common factor of 32, 24 and 16 so there would be 8 displays.

shelves question - the greatest common factor of 8, 12, and 16 is 4 so there would be 4 in each section

6. I believe there is something missing in question 6. However, if not, the least common multiple of those would be 42.

7. The least number in the band would be 30 (the least common multiple of 6 and 10).

8. the greatest common factor of 36, 54, and 72 is 9, therefore each member paid $9 per day

bus question - the least common multiple of 25 and 15 is 75 so 75 minutes later.

9. the gcf of 15, 9, and 18 is 3 - so there would be three baskets - there woudl be 5 oranges in each, 3 peaches in each, and 6 pears in each.

10. GCF is 20 (2*2*5) and LCM is 4800 (2*2*2*2*3*4*5*5)
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree