Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

Your answers must use proper mathematical notation; otherwise…

Your answers must use proper...
Your answers must use proper mathematical notation; otherwise the answers will be marked incorrect. This includes fractions, exponents, overbars, symbols, etc.

1. Write the ratio of to 6 in simplest form.

2. Michelle reads 1,000 words in 7 minutes, and Samantha reads 700 words in 2 minutes. Who is the faster reader?

3. Write a proportion that is equivalent to the statement: If 2 pizzas can feed 6 people, then 6 pizzas can feed 18 people.

4. Which pair of fractions is not proportional?
A)

B)

C)

D)

5. Solve for the unknown:

A) 27
B) 24
C) 12
D) 18

6. Carlos works 8.25 h and receives $102.30 pay. What will he receive at the same rate if he works if he works 14 h?
A) $189.10
B) $158.10
C) $204.60
D) $173.60

7. Write 730% as a fraction or a mixed number.
A)

B)

C)

D)

8. Write as a percent.

A) 375%
B) 37.5%
C) 0.375%
D) 3.75%

9. Write as a percent.

A) 2.25%
B) 225%
C) 0.225%
D) 22.5%

10. Identify the base in the following application:

Janice has a 6% commission rate on all her sales. If she sells $80,000 worth of merchandise in 1 month, what commission will she earn?
A) $80,000
B) 1 month
C) what commission
D) 6%

11. What percent of 60 is 15?

12. John's height increased from 5'2" to 5'7" during the past year. What is the rate of increase (to the nearest whole percent) of John's height over the past year?

13. Simplify.

6 h 338 min
A) 13 h 48 min
B) 11 h 58 min
C) 12 h 38 min
D) 11 h 38 min

14. Choose the most reasonable measure.

The width of a dirt road.
A) 342.8 cm
B) 34.28 m
C) 3.428 km

15. Complete the statement.

8,500 kg = ________ t

16. Complete the statement.

31.3 gal = ________ L
A) 125.2
B) 8.24
C) 118.94
D) 1,189.4

17. Find m?2.

A) 128?
B) 56?
C) 134?
D) 124?

18. Find the missing angle.

19. Find the missing length of the right triangle.

A) 15
B) 14
C) 16
D) 13

20. Is between

A) 6 and 7?
B) 7 and 8?
C) 8 and 9?
D) 5 and 6?
7/9/2010
Chirag
Chirag, Master's Degree
Hi, you need only the answers to be given (no steps) right? Please confirm.
i am sorry I ust need the answers and can you reduce all fractions to lowest terms.

Here are the answers:

1. 13/18

2. Samantha is the faster reader.

3. 2 pizzas: 6 people = 6 pizzas: 18 people

4. A

5. A

6. D

7. A

8. B

9. B

10. D

11. 25%

12. 8%

13. D

14. A

15. 8.5 t

16. C

17. D

18. 32°

19. B

20. B

(Let me know if you have any queries. Else, Please Click on ACCEPT. Bonus is Welcome!)

Thanks.

Chirag
Chirag, Master's Degree

Hello Chiarq, one again I thank you we will talk again in about 2 week for another test.

I have a total of two more to go and then in to math 115.THANKS

Sure, when you post the next assignment, you can say "For Chirag" so that it comes to me. Thanks.