Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

Graph the equation and identify the y intercept y 4/3x+

Graph the equation and identify...
Graph the equation and identify the y intercept

y=4/3x+2
7/2/2010
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer

Thanks for the question. The graph of the equation, and the location of the y-intercept are in the PDF document at this link:

Graph

Thanks,

Ryan
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer
Thank you

an other question?

-x+3y=6

Certainly! :)

Graph and y-intercept again, or is this one asking for something different?

Ryan
sorry it was same problem I had asked for help. but thank very much all the answers that I had worked out were correct. Wink
Ok, no problem.

Thank you for the accepts! :)

Ryan

Hello Ryan

I need some help with math word problems

Sure, no problem. :)

How many do you have, and can you upload them in a file to mediafire.com?

Ryan

This problem is about landscape design. You are planning to spend no less then $6,000 and no more than $10,000 on your landscaping project.

a) Write an inequality that demonstrates how mauch money you will are willing to spend on the project.

Let X = the money you spend on the project.

Then $6,000 ≤ X ≤ $10,000

Ryan
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer
S

Axia College Material

Appendix D

Landscape Design

Landscape designers often use coordinate geometry and algebra as they help their clients. In many regions, landscape design is a growing field. With the increasing popularity of do-it-yourself television shows, many homeowners are becoming amateur landscape artists.

Imagine you are a homeowner getting ready to sell your home. You realize there are some landscaping problems you want to address so your home will sell quickly and you can get the best price. After making this decision, you realize there are many things to consider when landscaping the backyard, such as budget, time, and space.

Application Practice

Answer the following questions. Use Equation Editor to write mathematical expressions and equations. First, save this file to your hard drive by selecting Save As from the File menu. Click the white space below each question to maintain proper formatting.

• 1. You are planning to spend no less than $6,000 and no more than $10,000 on your landscaping project.
  • a. Write an inequality that demonstrates how much money you will are willing to spend on the project.

• b. For the first phase of the project, imagine you want to cover the backyard with decorative rock and plant some trees. You need 30 tons of rock to cover the area. If each ton costs $60 and each tree is $84, what is the maximum number of trees you can buy with a budget of $2,500? Write an inequality that illustrates the problem and solve. Express your answer as an inequality and explain how you arrived at your answer.

• c. Would five trees be a solution to the inequality in Part b? Justify your answer.

• 2. The coordinate graph of the backyard shows the location of the trees, plants, patio, and utility lines. If necessary, you may copy and paste the image to another document and enlarge it.
  • a. What are the coordinates of Tree A, Plant B, Plant C, Patio D, Plant E, and Plant F?

• b. The water line is given by the equation

Imagine you want to put a pink flamingo lawn ornament in your backyard. You want to avoid placing it directly over the water line in case you need to excavate the line for repairs in the future. Could you place it at the point (-4,-10)?

• c. What is the slope and y-intercept of the line in Part b? How do you know?

• d. Imagine you want to add a sprinkler system and the location of one section of the sprinkler line can be described by the equation

Complete the table for this equation.

y

(x,y)

-1

-2

-4

2

8

• e. What objects might be in the way as you lay the pipe for the sprinkler?
orry did not read the rest of your message I will down them .

Yes, let's try putting your file on mediafire.com. Some of the equations and graphs aren't showing up in your last post. Do you need instructions on how to do that?

Thank you for requesting me. It is greatly appreciated!

Ryan

How do you put on mediafire.com do i go on to the link copy and past?

Here are the instructions for using mediafire.com. It seems like a lot of steps, but most of them are "click here", "click there". Once you've done it a few times it literally takes only seconds to get it done. If you have any questions, just ask. I'll be happy to help you.

MediaFire Instructions

1. Go to www.mediafire.com. It is free and very user friendly. You don't even have to register to use it.

2. Click on the big green button that says "Upload to Mediafire".

3. Click in the box where it says "Click here to select files to upload".

4. Select the file from your computer that you wish to share.

5. Click the big green button that says "Begin Uploading Files"

6. Once the upload is complete, click the big green button that says "Go to MyFiles"

7. In the list of files (there should only be one file at the moment), look for the button to the right side of the filename that says "Share" with a small triangle pointing down. Click on that button.

8. In the window that opens up, there is a box labelled "Sharing URL". Copy the contents of that text box and post it here.

Ryan

http://www.mediafire.com/?nkjjmmfwz10

Boy! had a hard time with this.

I'm sorry it was difficult, but you did great!

I got the file and it looks much better. I'll have this for you in just a little while.

Ryan

ok. The answer for (b) I think is right?

are still there

Yes, I'm still here. Just posting your answer now.

You can download the PDF file from this link:

Landscape

Please let me know if you have any difficulty with this file. I will do whatever I can to resolve any issues that we might have with the different versions of computer software.

Thanks,

Ryan
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer

Hi Ryan,

I am having trouble understanding the problem on part (b) how did you come up with

$4,500?

my anwer was 53 This is how I came up the answer. i might be wrong.

rock 30 tons @ 60 per ton

trees: x trees @84 per tree

budget: 2500

30*60+84≤ 2500

1800+84≤2500

1800*2500

4500≤2500

84≤4500

84 84

x≤53.57 The maximum of number of trees that can be acquired is 53.

I'm terribly sorry, the $4,500 is typo. It should read $2,500 instead.

There's also part of that problem missing from the file.

84T + 1800 ≤ 2500

84T ≤ 2500 - 1800 (deduct the cost of the rock from the budgeted amount)

84T ≤ 700 (700 is the maximum amount left over to spend on trees)

T ≤ 8.33

Since we can't buy a fraction of a tree, round 8.33 down to 8.

The maximum number of trees that can be purchased with this budget is 8.

Again, I apologize for the confusion.

Thanks,

Ryan

Edited by Ryan on 7/4/2010 at 3:01 AM EST
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer

It okay everyone makes mistakes. this answer was the first one but not sure.

again don't worry.

Thank you.