Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

You manage an ice cream stand with two flavors cherry and…

You manage an ice cream...
You manage an ice cream stand with two flavors: cherry and banana. You only receive ice cream early each morning, so there is a risk you will run out of ice cream during the day. Based on experience, you know that on any given day there is a 10% chance you will run out of cherry and a 12% chance you will run out of banana. There is a 86% chance that neither flavor will run out on a given day. If you run out of cherry on a given day, what is the probability that you will run out of banana on the same day, given you have run out of cherry?
6/29/2010
Stevewh
Stevewh, Bachelor's Degree
Let A="run out of cherry"
Let B= "run out of banana"

P(A)=0.1
P(B)=0.12

P(not A and not B)=0.86

P(B/A)=P(A,B)/P(A)

P(not A,B)+P(not A,not B)=P(not A)

P(not A,B)+0.86=0.9

P(not A,B)=0.04

P(A,not B)+P(not A,not B)=P(not B)

P(A,not B)+0.86=0.88

P(A,not B)=0.02

Finally:

P(A,B)+P(not A,B)+P(A,not B)+P(not A,not B)=1

P(A,B)+0.04+0.02+0.86=1

P(A,B)=0.08

P(B/A)=0.08/0.1=0.8

Answer: P(B/A)=0.8

Bonus is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Steve
Stevewh
Stevewh, Bachelor's Degree
Thank you,

I can´t make a deal (it´s a site rule)

But feel free to request me writing "For Steve" if you need more questions

Thanks

Steve

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX get back at you with other very difficult questions.

Thanks again.

xavi

Ok

Steve