Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

Please explain how to go about solving these problem. 1)

Customer Question
Please explain how to go...
Please explain how to go about solving these problem.

1) The chief of security of the Mall of the Dakotas was directed to study a problem of missing goods. He selected a sample of 100 boxes that had been tampered with and ascertained that for 60 of the boxes, the missing pants, shoes and so on were attributed to shoplifting. For 30 other boxes employees had stolen the goods, and for the remaining 10 boxes, he blamed poor inventory control. In his report to the mall management, can he say that shoplifting is TWICE as likely to be the cause of the loss as compared with either employee theft or poor inventory control and that employee theft and poor inventory control are equally likely? Use the .02 level.

2) 1)Given the following sample information, test the hypothesis that the treatment means are equal at the .05 significance level.
T1 T2 T3
8 3 3
11 2 4
10 1 5
3 4
2

a. State the null hypothesis and the alternate hypothesis.
b. What is the decision rule?
c. Compute SST, SSE, and SS total.
d. Complete an ANOVA table.
e. State your decision regarding the null hypothesis.
f. If H0 is rejected, can we conclude that treatment 1 and treatment 2 differ?
Use the 95 percent level of confidence.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Math Homework
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/29/2010
Math Tutor or Teacher: Chirag, Master's Degree replied 8 years ago
Chirag
Chirag, Master's Degree

Hi

Click here to see the solutions (See all the sheets of the excel file)

Thanks.