Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

Week 1 Week 1 - MAT105 OA Pretest Week 1 Time Remaining 1.

Customer Question
Week 1 : Week 1...
Week 1 : Week 1 - MAT105 OA Pretest Week 1

Time Remaining:
1. Question 1 (Points :2)
(a)
(b)
(c)
(d)

2. question 2 (Points :2)
(a)
(b)
(c)
(d)

3. Question 3 (Points :2)
(a)
(b)
(c)
(d)

4. question 4 (Points :2)
(a)
(b)
(c)
(d)

5. Question 5 (Points :2)
(a)
(b)
(c)
(d)

6. question 6 (Points :2)
(a)
(b)
(c)
(d)

7. Question 7 (Points :2)
(a)
(b)
(c)
(d)

8. question 8 (Points :2)
(a)
(b)
(c)
(d)

9. Question 9 (Points :2)
(a)
(b)
(c)
(d)

10. question 10 (Points :2)
(a)
(b)
(c)
(d)

11. Question 11 (Points :2)
(a)
(b)
(c)
(d)

12. question 12 (Points :2)
(a)
(b)
(c)
(d)

13. Question 13 (Points :2)
(a)
(b)
(c)
(d)

14. question 14 (Points :2)
(a)
(b)
(c)
(d)

15. Allen started out with x marbles. He doubled his number of marbles by buying an additional x marbles from Betty. Then he gave away one-third of all his marbles to his friend Clarence. At the end of the day, he had 16 marbles. How many marbles did he start out with? (Points :2)
(a) 6
(b) 12
(c) 16
(d) 24

16. A dog-food company makes a special kind of dog food. It consists of 30% meat powder and 70% grain. The meat powder costs 90 cents per pound. The grain costs 60 cents per pound. What is the cost of the raw materials per pound of dog food? (Points :2)
(a) $0.69
(b) $0.54
(c) $0.81
(d) $1.00

17. A farmers market sold me a box of apples for $18/box. The box contained 24 pounds of apples. What was the price per pound? (Points :2)
(a) $1.33
(b) $0.75
(c) $0.432
(d) $0.82

18. There are 250 applications for special training at the police academy. Only 40% of the applicants will be interviewed. However, only 46% of the persons interviewed will be ultimately chosen for special training. How many applicants will be selected? (Points :2)
(a) 184
(b) 120
(c) 86
(d) 46

19. Max’s credit card charges him 1.575% interest per month on his average daily balance in that month. Max’s average daily balance for January is $810. What is the interest that he will pay for January? (Points :2)
(a) $127.57
(b) $12.76
(c) $1.27
(d) $0.13

20. WeCare Phone Company has two plans for long distance. Under Plan A there is no monthly fee and a flat rate of 15 cents per minute on all calls. Under Plan B there is a monthly fee of $15, plus a charge of 5 cents per minute. Jane’s monthly usage of long distance is 180 minutes. Which is the best plan for Jane? (Points :2)
(a) Plan A.
(b) Plan B.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Math Homework
6/28/2010
Math Tutor or Teacher: Stevewh, Bachelor's Degree replied 8 years ago
Stevewh
Stevewh, Bachelor's Degree

You can upload a file using

www.mediafire.com

And place the download link here

Thanks

Steve