Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

Need help with statistics/hypothesis testing please. I have…

Need help with statistics/hypothesis testing...
Need help with statistics/hypothesis testing please. I have several problems to answer.

1. State the claim mathematically. Then write the null and alternative hypothesis. Determine whether the hypothesis test is left-tailed, right-tailed, or two-tailed. a. A research hospital claims that more than 3.7% of the population suffers from high blood pressure. Use p, the represent the population proportion.

Answer: Claim:
H0 :
Ha :
Test :

b. The highest acceptable level of pesticide found in quail has been limited to 0.35 parts per million (ppm). A hypothesis test is perform to test if the level of the pesticide is higher.
Answer: Claim:
H0 :
Ha :
Test :

Hypothesis Testing for the Mean (Large Samples)
Use the guidelines at the end of the project.

2. Use the method specified to perform the hypothesis test for the population
mean .
WeatherBug say that the mean daily high for December in a large Florida city is 76 degrees F. WFLA weather suspects that this temperature is not accurate. A hypothesis test is performed the determine if the mean is actually lower than 76 degrees F. Assume that the population standard deviation of = 5.6 F. A sample of mean daily temperatures for December over the past 40 years gives x bar 74 degrees F. At a = 0.01, does the data provide sufficient evidence to conclude that the mean temperature is lower than 76 degrees F.

a. Use the critical value z0 method from the normal distribution.
1. H0 :
Ha :
2. a =
3. Test statistics:
4. P-value or critical z0 or t0.
5. Rejection Region:

6. Decision:
7. Interpretation:

b. Use the P-value method.

1. H0 :
Ha :
2. a =
3. Test statistics:
4. P-value or critical z0 or t0.
5. Rejection Region:
6. Decision:
7. Interpretation:

Hypothesis Testing for Mean (Small Samples)

3. A local tire store suspects that the mean life of a new discount tire is less that 39,000 miles. To check the claim, the store selects randomly 18 of these new discount tires. When they are tested, it is found that the mean life is 38,250 miles with a sample standard deviation s = 1200 miles. Assume the distribution is normally distributed.

a. Use the critical value t0 method from the normal distribution to test for the population mean u. Test the company’s claim at the level of significance a = 0.05.

1. H0 :
Ha :
2. a =
3. Test statistics:
4. P-value or critical z0 or t0.
5. Rejection Region:
6. Decision:

7. Interpretation:

b. Use the critical value t0 method from the normal distribution to test for the population mean u. Test the company’s claim at the level of significance a = 0.01

1. H0 :
Ha :
2. a =
3. Test statistics:
4. P-value or critical z0 or t0.
5. Rejection Region:
6. Decision:
7. Interpretation:

Hypothesis Testing for Proportions.

4. A flash drive manufacturer has set a standard on their production process. When defects exceed 3%, the production process is unacceptable. A random sample of 300 drives is tested. The defective rate is 5.9%. Use a level of significance of a = 0.01 to test to see if you have sufficient evidence to support the claim that the defective rate exceeds 3%. (Round phat to 3 decimal places.)

1. H0 :
Ha :
2. a =
3. Test statistics:
4. P-value or critical z0 or t0.
5. Rejection Region:

6. Decision:
7. Interpretation:

Guidelines -- Hypothesis Testing Steps:
1. State H0 and Ha.
2. Specify the level of significance alpha ?.
3. Determine the test statistic, either z or t. Find the test statistic using the given data.
4. Find the P-value or the critical value(s) z0 or t0. Use the method specified in the problem statement.
5. Define the rejection region using either the P-value method or critical values from the Normal distribution.
6. Make a decision t
6/26/2010
Stevewh
Stevewh, Bachelor's Degree

Can you clarify the questions ?

Can you put then into a word file ?

Steve

Steve, let's see if this comes across a little better

• 1. State the claim mathematically. Then write the null and alternative hypothesis. Determine whether the hypothesis test is left-tailed, right-tailed, or two-tailed.
  • a. A research hospital claims that more than 3.7% of the population suffers from high blood pressure. Use p, the represent the population proportion.

Answer: Claim:

H0 :

Ha :

Test :

• b. The highest acceptable level of pesticide found in quail has been limited to 0.35 parts per million (ppm). A hypothesis test is perform to test if the level of the pesticide is higher. (4 points)

Answer: Claim:

H0 :

Ha :

Test :

• 2. Use the method specified to perform the hypothesis test for the population

mean m. WeatherBug say that the mean daily high for December in a large Florida city is 76degrees F. WFLA weather suspects that this temperature is not accurate. A hypothesis test is performed the determine if the mean is actually lower than 76 degrees F. Assume that the population standard deviation of s = F. A sample of mean daily temperatures for December over the past 40 years gives xbar 74 degrees F. At a = 0.01, does the data provide sufficient evidence to conclude that the mean temperature is lower than F.

•1. H0 :

Ha :

•2. a =

•3. Test statistics:

•4. P-value or critical z0 or t0.

•5. Rejection Region:

•6. Decision:

•7. Interpretation:

• b. Use the P-value method.

•1. H0 :

Ha :

•2. a =

•3. Test statistics:

•4. P-value or critical z0 or t0.

•5. Rejection Region:

•6. Decision:

•7. Interpretation:

Section 7.3: Hypothesis Testing for Mean (Small Samples)

• 3. A local tire store suspects that the mean life of a new discount tire is less that 39,000 miles. To check the claim, the store selects randomly 18 of these new discount tires. When they are tested, it is found that the mean life is 38,250 miles with a sample standard deviation s = 1200 miles. Assume the distribution is normally distributed.

a. Use the critical value t0 method from the normal distribution to test for the population mean m. Test the company's claim at the level of significance a = 0.05.

•1. H0 :

Ha :

•2. a =

•3. Test statistics:

•4. P-value or critical z0 or t0.

•5. Rejection Region:

•6. Decision:

•7. Interpretation:

b. Use the critical value t0 method from the normal distribution to test for the population mean m. Test the company's claim at the level of significance a = 0.01

•1. H0 :

Ha :

•2. a =

•3. Test statistics:

•4. P-value or critical z0 or t0.

•5. Rejection Region:

•6. Decision:

•7. Interpretation:

Hypothesis Testing for Proportions.

•1. H0 :

Ha :

•2. a =

•3. Test statistics:

•4. P-value or critical z0 or t0.

•5. Rejection Region:

•6. Decision:

•7. Interpretation:

Guidelines -- Hypothesis Testing Steps:

1. State H0 and Ha.
  2. Specify the level of significance alpha a.
  6. Make a decision to reject or fail to reject the null hypothesis.
  7. Interpret the decision in the context of the original claim.
Ok,

Here are the answers

Steve
Stevewh
Stevewh, Bachelor's Degree
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
Ok,

Steve