Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

need to see if you can help me out I need these explained…

need to see if you...
need to see if you can help me out:
I need these explained out in detail quoting the relevant concept :
1. a^2 + 2a +1

2. 3x^2 + 6x

3. a(a-1)-4(a-1)
need all these explained in detail quoting the relevant concept and how they are don and show then the solution in each step.
If you have any question please let me know.

Thanks,
Nena
6/25/2010
Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate

Sure thing!

These problems have just one step of work each, so that's all I can show.

1. a^2 + 2a +1

This is a regular trinomial form, so we need to find two numbers that add up to 2 and multiply to 1.

Those numbers are 1 and 1, so:

(a+1)(a+1)

2. 3x^2 + 6x

Pull out the greatest common factor, which is 3x:

3x (x + 2)

3. a(a-1)-4(a-1)

Pull out the greatest common factor, which is (a-1):

(a-1)(a-4)

Let me know if you have any questions,

Scott

I need to know just how to came to the answer, if you can write each step by step that is what I have to have, how you got the greatest common factor and show each step from the beginning to the end of each problem. I have to show each step of the problem, in writing and words, how I came about it.

Thanks,

Nena

I have to go into a meeting and will not be out for about a hour, so if you need to ask me any more question it will be around 4:00PM EST before I will get out.

Thanks agin.

There really is almost no work to show on these questions, since they are "one step" problems. I'll add one sentence to each...

1. a^2 + 2a +1

That means they both have to be positive (so they sum to a positive and multiply to a positive).

Those numbers are 1 and 1, so:

(a+1)(a+1)

2. 3x^2 + 6x

What is the greatest common factor of the numbers 3 and 6? That's 3.

What is the greatest common factor for the variables x^2 and x? That's x.

3x (x + 2)

3. a(a-1)-4(a-1)

Each term has an (a-1) on it, so that is a common factor.

(a-1)(a-4)

Let me know if you have any questions,

Scott

Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
need to see if you can do something for me, I need for you to answer some problems for me but I will have to see if I can send them to you one at a time and then you send the answer back to me, can you do that if so I will do that I thought I would try it with this one and if it works I will put it in the form of a question so you will be paid for them, I don't know how many there will be.

u^2 - 6u +9

I just need the answer
Thanks
Nena

Ok:

(u-3)(u-3)

-Scott

great I will post it as a question and then ask each one separately and then that way you will be paid for them, I don't know how many there will be, so if there is a lot I will put a bonus in there for you.

Thanks,
Nena

Ok, sure, please don't forget to write For Scott at the top, if you want to work with me.

-Scott

Edited by Scott on 6/25/2010 at 8:28 PM EST