Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

Steve Can you answer these two Consider responding to your…

Steve: Can you answer these...
Steve: Can you answer these two?
Consider responding to your classmates by answering their word problems. Classify each problem as an expression or an equation.

student 1. 1- A square has an area of 16 square inches. One side is 8 inches, what is the length of the other side?
2 - Bill worked 6 hours on Monday. At the end of the day on Tuesday he had worked 15 hours. How many total hours were worked Monday and Tuesday.
Student 2. Word Problem 1
If Jude has 42 dollars in his savings account, but deposits 63, then withdrawals 28 dollars, how much money does he have and need to buy a 150 dollar skateboard?

Word Problem 2
If Andi and Dough have 74 pairs of shoes combined but Andi has 2 times more shoes than Doug, how many pairs of shoes does Doug have?
6/24/2010
Stevewh
Stevewh, Bachelor's Degree
Hi, thanks for requesting me

Here are the asnwers:

student 1.

1- A square has an area of 16 square inches. One side is 8 inches, what is the length of the other side?

Answer:

Check it, it´s a square or rectangle ?

Equation problem

Answer: expression problem

Student 2.

Word Problem 1 If Jude has 42 dollars in his savings account, but deposits 63, then withdrawals 28 dollars, how much money does he have and need to buy a 150 dollar skateboard?

Answer: expression problem

Word Problem 2 If Andi and Dough have 74 pairs of shoes combined but Andi has 2 times more shoes than Doug, how many pairs of shoes does Doug have?

Answer: equation problem

Thanks

Steve
For student two can you show the answers to the problems
Student 2.

Word Problem 1

He has $42+$63-$28 =$77

He needs $150-$77=$73

Let x= Number of pairs f shoes (Doug)
Let y = Number of pairs of shoes (Andi)

x+y=74
y=2x

x+2x=74
3x=74 (x=74/3)

Note: x is not an integer (check the data please)

Steve

Edited by Steve on 6/24/2010 at 6:32 PM EST
Stevewh
Stevewh, Bachelor's Degree
Thank you.
Thank you too

Steve