Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

This question is for Ryan Need to see if you can help me…

Customer Question
This question is for Ryan...
This question is for Ryan:
Need to see if you can help me out with these two question: 1. Work efficiency. In a study of worker efficiency at Wong Laboratories it was found that the number of components assembled per hour by the average worker t hours after starting work could be modeled by the formula N(t) = -3t^3 + 23t^2 + 8t.
a) Rewrite the formula by factoring the right-hand side completely.
b)Use the factored version of the formula to find N(3).
c) Use the accompanying graph to estimate the time at which the workers are most efficient.

2. Decreasing cube. Each of the three dimensions of a cube with sides of length s centimeters is decreased by a whole number of centimeters. The new volume in cubic
centimeters is given by V(s)=s^3 - 13s^2 + 54s - 72.
a) Find V(10).
b) If the new width is s-6 centimeters, then what are the new length and height?
c) Find the volume when s+10 by multiplying the length, width, and height.
Please let me know if you can do this for me I will need this by Friday afternoon EST.

Thanks
Nena
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Math Homework
6/24/2010
Math Tutor or Teacher: Ryan, Engineer replied 8 years ago
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer
Hi Nena,

Here is the solution to these problems:

Nena2

Again, please feel free to ask if you have any questions about these solutions.

Thanks again,

Ryan
Ryan,

I can not get this answer to go to save in my documents, I need it to be able to save so I can download it to something, everything downloads except the graph and it will not download, what is going on, why will the graph not download to my files. Please let me know something.

Thanks,
Nena
Hi Nena,

This was a two-page document, with a graph toward the bottom of page 1. You are saying that you have all of it except the graph, right?

I have posted the graph as a separate file here: WorkerGraph

I have also uploaded the original Word file here: Nena2.doc

I have another customer who cannot open the PDF files, but the Word file works fine. Perhaps this is the same situation. This sometimes happens depending on what software we are all using.

Please let me know if this solves the problem for you. I will do everything I can to resolve this for you.

Thanks,

Ryan