Math Homework

Connect one-on-one with a verified math tutor or teacher who will answer your question

Ryan
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer

More related answers
All math tutors or teachers are VERIFIED
f. What percentage of employees is male and in favor of a five-day
R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Bachelor's Degree
f. What percentage of employees is male and in favor of a five-day work week? Percentage = 1200 * 100/ 1800 = 66. 67 % your answer was different would u explain… read more
Question 3-20. A playground equipment manufacturer plans to
SusanAthena
SusanAthena, Master's Degree
Question 3-20. A playground equipment manufacturer plans to spend $150,000 on a new facility plus $170 for each swing set made. The formula C = 170n + 150,000 gives the cost in dollars to manufacture … read more
A person hired a firm to build a CB radio tower. The firm charges
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer
A person hired a firm to build a CB radio tower. The firm charges $100 for labor for the first 10 feet. After that, the cost of the labor for each succeeding 10 feet is $25 more than the preceding 10 … read more
Evaluate the exponential equation for three positive values
ck_mba
ck_mba, Computer Engineer
Evaluate the exponential equation for three positive values of x, three negative values of x, and at x=0. Transform the second expression into the equivalent logarithm equation; and evaluate the logar… read more
1.Find the slope (-2,-16) and (-18,-17) 2.Determine whether
Stevewh
Stevewh, Teacher
1.Find the slope: (-2,-16) and (-18,-17) 2.Determine whether 0 is a solution of the inequality x is greater than equal to 3. 3.Graph the equation and identify the y-intercept. 4y+3x=-4 4.Solve using t… read more
Evaluate the algebraic expression 16. 2x^3 for x -3, 0,
Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Evaluate the algebraic expression 16. 2x^3 for x = -3, 0, 1 and 4 For Exercises 19–21, the total cost of purchasing from a mailorder catalog, y, is a function of the cost of the items purchased, x. In… read more
1. The following graph shows the growth of the median home
AL
AL, Master's Degree
1. The following graph shows the growth of the median home value in a particular region of the United States starting in 1996. The graphs starts in 1996 and shows the trend through the year 2000; ther… read more
You contacted two local rental companies and obtained the following
Chirag
Chirag, Master's Degree
You contacted two local rental companies and obtained the following information for the one-day cost of renting a truck. Company 1 charges $40.95 per day plus $0.19 per mile, and company 2 charges $19… read more
The percentage of adult smokers in the U.S. is declining each
abozer
abozer, Bachelor's Degree
The percentage of adult smokers in the U.S. is declining each year. If t represents the number of years since 1997, then P(t) = -0.51t + 24.675 represents the corresponding percentage of adults who sm… read more
The Addition Method Solve each system by addition and please
R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Bachelor's Degree
The Addition Method Solve each system by addition and please explain your answer. Thank you! 1. x + = 7 x - y = 9 2. x - 2y = -1 -x + 5y = 4 3. 3x + 5y = -11 x - 2y = 11 4. 2x = 2 - y 3x ++ y = -1 Sol… read more
8)solve by the substitution method 5x-4y -38 2x+17 y The solution
Jim C
Jim C, Master's Degree
8)solve by the substitution method 5x-4y=-38 2x+17=y The solution is (Type an ordered pair) 9)solve by the substitution method 3m+n=3 m-7n=23 The solution is (Type an ordered pair) 10)solve by the sub… read more
Simplify the algebraic expression 5xy - 3yz - 5xz + yz - 4xz
Chirag
Chirag, Master's Degree
Simplify the algebraic expression 5xy - 3yz - 5xz + yz - 4xz + 7xy and evaluate it for x = 10, y = -4, z = -6. Identify the variables, constants, and coefficients in the simplified expression. Simplif… read more
What similarities and differences do you see between functions
Elizabeth
Elizabeth, Master's Degree
What similarities and differences do you see between functions and linear equations? Are all linear equations functions? Is there an instance when a linear equation is not a function? Support your ans… read more
We say that f R- R is additive if for all x, y E R, f(x+y)
Dr Arthur Rubin
Dr Arthur Rubin, Doctoral Degree
We say that f: R->R is additive if for all x, y E R, f(x+y) = f(x)+f(y). In what follows, f is an additive function. 1. Show that for each positive integer n and each real number x, f(nx)=n(x). &n … read more
For Scott, What type of solution do you get for quadratic equations
Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
For Scott, What type of solution do you get for quadratic equations where D<0 Give reasons for your answer and provide an example of such a quadratic equation and find the solution to the equation.… read more
How many minutes must a person use this service to exceed $10 The
Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
How many minutes must a person use this service to exceed $10? • The length of a rectangle is two feet more than four times the width. Expressing the answer as an integer, find the maximum width of th… read more
1. A product will break even or produce a profit only if the
Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
1. A product will break even or produce a profit only if the revenue R (in dollars) from selling the product is at least the cost C (in dollars) of producing it. Suppose that the cost to produce x uni… read more
1- Solve the system of the following equations by graphing.
Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
1- Solve the system of the following equations by graphing. Then classify the system as consistant or inconsistent and the equation as dependant or independent. What is the solution system X+y= 13 X-Y… read more