Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

You are given the following data. Test the claim that there…

Customer Question
You are given the following...
You are given the following data. Test the claim that there is a difference in the means of the two groups. Use = 0.01.
Group A Group B
= 7 = 10
= 12 = 11
= 66 = 92
· State the null and alternate hypotheses
· Determine which test statistic applies, and calculate it
· Determine the critical value(s).
· State your decision: Should the null hypothesis be rejected?

2. A machine produces 9 inch latex gloves. A sample of 73 gloves is selected, and it is found that 58 are shorter than they should be. Find the 99% confidence interval on the proportion of all such gloves that are shorter than 9 inches.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Math Homework
6/18/2010
Math Tutor or Teacher: chindhu,
 replied 8 years ago
chindhu

Thanks alot for the accepts.

In first question please rewrite the values.For group A and B what are mean µ, standard deviation s and sample size n .

you're welcome but in this problem the information that you requested is not given in the text i re read and re read the problem. I was having the same issue

Group A Group B
= 7 = 10
= 12 = 11
= 66 = 92

i hope the

Math Tutor or Teacher: chindhu,
 replied 8 years ago

You are in write way, but I can't read those images.Please type it

Edited by John on 6/18/2010 at 4:24 AM EST

group 1

x1=7

s2=12

n1=66

group 2

x2=10

s2=11

n2=92

i coulnt subsript the numbers next to the the x, s, n and i couldn't put the bar over the x

i hope that is better

Math Tutor or Teacher: chindhu,
 replied 8 years ago
Yes.I fine....Will give the answer soon.
Math Tutor or Teacher: chindhu,
 replied 8 years ago

Click here for the answer.