Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

The following data show samples of three chain stores in three…

Customer Question
The following data show samples...
The following data show samples of three chain stores in three different locations in one town and the amount of dollars spent per customer per visit. Management wishes to test whether each shopper is spending an equal amount of money at each store.
Store A Store B Store C
43 29 4
38 36 1
48 40 6
48 30 17
47 18 24
30 32

Perform a one-way analysis of variance on these data, assuming = 0.05:
· State the null and alternate hypotheses
· Calculate the sums of squares SS(total), SS(factor), and SS(error)
· Calculate the degrees of freedom df(total), df(factor), and df(error)
· Calculate the mean square for factor, and the mean square for error
· Calculate the F-statistic
· Determine the critical value(s)
· State your decision: Should the null hypothesis be rejected?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Math Homework
6/17/2010
Math Tutor or Teacher: Chirag, Master's Degree replied 8 years ago
Chirag
Chirag, Master's Degree
Hi, Can you please post the data for the three stores under different columns?
Store A Store B Store C
43 29 4
38 36 1
48 40 6
48 30 17
47 18 24
30 ends with a / 18 end with b 32 / and 4 starts with c

· Calculate the F-statistic
· Determine the critical value(s)
· State your decision: Should the null hypothesis be rejected

Hi

Click here for the solution

Thanks.