Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

A teacher wishes to compare two different groups of students…

Customer Question
A teacher wishes to compare...
A teacher wishes to compare two different groups of students with respect to their mean time to complete a standarized test. The time required is determined for each group. The data summary is given below. Test the claim at a=0.10, that there is no difference in variance. Give the critical region, test statistic value, and conclusion for the F test.

n1= 60 s1=45
n2= 60 s2=83
a =0.10

State the null and alternate the hypotheses

Determine which test statistic applies, and calculate it

Determine the critical region

State your own decision: Should the null hypothesis be rejected?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Math Homework
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/17/2010
Math Tutor or Teacher: abozer,
 replied 8 years ago
abozer
Please don't ask new questions. Review previous replies to your questions and let us know if you need more explanation. Be specific.
I need an answer to this question because I am confused about it too!
Math Tutor or Teacher: abozer,
 replied 8 years ago
Let's please follow first in first out principle here.