Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

18) Slope -2/3; y-intercept of 2 A) y -2/3x + 2 B) y

Customer Question
18) Slope = -2/3; y-intercept...
18) Slope = -2/3; y-intercept of 2
A) y = -2/3x + 2 B) y = -2/3x +1/2
C) y = -2/3x - 2 D) y = -3/2x + 2

19) A woman has $1.70 in dimes and nickels. She has 5 more dimes than nickels. How many nickels does she have?

A) 18 B) 3 C) 13 D) 8

Find the midpoint of the line segment having the given endpoints.
20) (8, -4) and (-7, 8) 20)
A) M (1, 4) B) M (1/2, 2) C) M (15, -12) D) M (15/2, - 6)

5) A high school graduating class is made up of 514 students. There are 170 more girls than boys. How many boys are in the class?
A) 172 boys B) 514 boys C) 342 boys D) 170 boys

6) 23 = 4r + 7 6)
A) 1 B) 4 C) 12 D) 16

7) p/3-3p/8 = 3
A) 72 B) -216 C) 216 D) -72

Tell whether the quantity is constant or variable.
1) The number of days in the month of July
A) Constant B) Variable

Write the answer to the problem as an algebraic expression.
2) Susan has 10 cats. She gave p to her lonely aunt. How many does she have left?
A) 10 - p B) p + 10 C) p - 10 D) 10 + p

Substitute to find the value of the expression.
3) In one store, bananas cost 60 cents per pound. The cost, in dollars, of x pounds of bananas is 0.6x.
What is the cost of 2.3 pounds of bananas?
A) $1.38 B) $3.83 C) $0.38 D) $1.58

State whether the equation represents a linear, quadratic, or exponential function.
4) y = 2x2 4)
A) Linear B) Quadratic
C) Exponential D) None of the above
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Math Homework
6/16/2010
Math Tutor or Teacher: Emanuel, Bachelor's Degree replied 8 years ago
Emanuel
Emanuel, Bachelor's Degree
18) Slope = -2/3; y-intercept of 2
y = -2/3x + 2

5n+10d=170
d=n+5

5n+10n+50=170; 15n=120; n=8

20) (8, -4) and (-7, 8)
B) M (1/2, 2)

g-b=170
g+b=514

2g=684, g=342, b=172
A) 172 boys

6) 23 = 4r + 7
4r=16
r=4
B) 4

7) p/3-3p/8 = 3
p(1/3-3/8)=3
p(-1/24)=3
P=-72
D) -72

A) Constant

A) 10 - p

0.6*2.3=1.38
A) $1.38

4) y = 2x²
B) Quadratic

Emanuel