Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

Please show your work thank you! 8) 4x2 - 7x - 2 0 8) A)

Customer Question
Please show your work thank...
Please show your work thank you!
8) 4x2 - 7x - 2 = 0 8)
A) -1/4, 2 B) -4, 2 C) -1/4, 4 D) 1/7, -1/4

Determine the number of real-number solutions to the equation from the given graph.
10) 4x2 + 8x + 4 = 0, given the graph of y = 4x2 + 8x + 4
A) 2 B) 0 C) 3 D) 1

Use the discriminant to determine how many real-number solutions the equation has.
11) 36x2 - 12x + 1 = 0
A) 2 B) 1 C) 0

12) Williamston Daily is a new daily newspaper. When they first started printing three years ago they had 5700 home delivery subscribers. The number of subscribers increases by 67 every month. Write an equation that shows the relationship between the number of subscribers, B, and the number of months the paper has been printed, n.

A) B = 67n + 5700 B) B = 5700n + 67 C) B = 201n + 5700 D) B = 67n + 3

15) y = -1/2x - 5
A) Slope -1/2; y-intercept (0, 5) B) Slope 1/2; y-intercept (0, -5)
C) Slope -1/2; y-intercept (0, -5) D) Slope 1/2; y-intercept (0, 5)
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Math Homework
6/16/2010
Math Tutor or Teacher: Emanuel, Bachelor's Degree replied 8 years ago
Emanuel
Emanuel, Bachelor's Degree
8) 4x² - 7x - 2 = 0
x=[7±√(49+32)]/8=[7±√(81)]/8=(7±9)/8
x=-1/4, x=2 [A]

10) 4x² + 8x + 4 = 0, given the graph of y = 4x² + 8x + 4
4(x²+2x+1)=0
(x+1)²=0
Solution: x=-1
1 real solution, [D]

11) 36x² - 12x + 1 = 0
Δ=(-6)²-(1*36)=36-36=0: 1 real solution

B = 67n + 5700

15) y = -1/2x - 5
Slope -1/2; y-intercept (0, -5)

Emanuel