Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

1. Of 31 college sophomores at Crocodile Community College,

Customer Question
15 preferred pepperoni pizza, 11...
1. Of 31 college sophomores at Crocodile Community College, 15 preferred pepperoni pizza, 11 preferred supreme, and 5 preferred cheese. If we picked a college sophomore at Crocodile Community College at random, theoretically what is the probability that he or she would prefer pepperoni? Give solution exactly in reduced fraction form. 2. A bag contains 9 pink marbles, 6 green marbles and 14 brown marbles. What is the chance of drawing a pink marble? If a pink marble is drawn then placed back into the bag, and a second marble is drawn, what is the probability of drawing a green marble? Give solutions exactly in reduced fraction form, separated by a comma. 3. A professional chef’s work responsibilities include creating new dishes, shopping for ingredients and cooking the meals. On Friday, Justin, a professional chef, spent 2 hours shopping for ingredients, 3 hours creating new dishes and 5 hours cooking the meals. If Justin’s work hours on Saturday are spent approximately the same way they were on Friday, what are the chances that at any given moment on Saturday Justin will be creating new dishes or cooking the meals? Show step by step work! Give answer as a fraction in lowest terms.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Math Homework
6/15/2010
Math Tutor or Teacher: Ray Atkinson, Bachelor's Degree replied 8 years ago
Ray Atkinson
Ray Atkinson, Bachelor's Degree
1. 15/31

2. 9/29, 6/29

3. 2 hours of shopping, 3 hours of creating, and 5 hours of cooking. We want to know if a random point in time is going to be in the second two steps. We succeed if the point is during the 3 hours or the 5 hours out of the 2+3+5=10 hours, so

(3+5)/10 = 8/10 = 4/5

Can you please show me the work and simplified answer for the 1st and 2nd problems
1. There are 15 who like pepperoni out of 15+11+5=31 who eat pizza, so 15/31.

2. There are 9 pink out of 9+6+14=29 marbles, so 9/29, and since you put the pink one back, there are still 29 for the second pick, and this time you want one of the 6 greens out of 29.